30

Christian

"Well well well, if it isn't the man of the hour

"Well well well, if it isn't the man of the hour." John beamed as I took a seat across from him. He had set himself up at the far end of the business center, which seemed to be a more private area. I didn't even know that business centers could look this nice considering all the resorts and hotels I've been to. I was quite surprised by how much attention to detail they paid here.

John looked puzzled as he tried to utilize some of the printers hotel management had set up for public use. It made a few beeping noises that seemed to frustrate him. As soon as I got comfortable in the desk chair, John handed me a Manila folder stacked full of paperwork.

"What do you mean?" I asked finally, referencing his earlier words.

"The launch yesterday was apparently more than a hit. My team just sent in projected sales and investments. Dare I say I am pleasantly surprised- I thought you had every intention of bankrupting me." He joked, taking a long sip from his cup of coffee.

"Oh gosh, it puts me at great ease to know you have such faith in me." I replied, snagging the mug from his side of the table, to take a sip myself. The coffee looked appetizing, but as soon as the dark liquid touched my tastebuds, I spit it back into the cup almost immediately.

"That is absolutely disgusting, Christian." John cut in.

"This," I signaled dramatically to the mug, "Is absolutely disgusting, John! What the fuck is this? Dirt? Is this fucking dirt?"

John was trying to suppress a laugh. "It's organic coffee you dumbass. It's supposedly really good for you."

"Supposedly?!" I looked at John with a ridiculous expression. "You're telling me you're drinking this shit on the off chance it might be good for you?"

John gave me one of his why are we still having this conversation looks. "And to think I was going to praise you for all your hard work. Here you are, criticizing a mans coffee-"

"Let me stop you right there, this isn't coffee. This," I pointed to the cup again, "This is what my gardener uses on my hedges."

"You little..." He mumbled, snatching the cup out of my hand and setting it back on the table. "Let's get back onto the topic at hand here- the launch." He pointed to the Manila folder he had passed to me, and I promptly started to flip through the pages. "These figures do look amazing. Kudos to both you and Alex for pushing something together so last minute. It gave our investors and distributors a chance to see what our companies are capable of, upon working together."

As I flipped to the partnership tab, a small smile managed to creep it's way across my face. John had included Alex on pretty much everything.

"I thought it would be good to give credit where it was due." He explained, when he caught on to the page I was looking at.