part eight

*Aces POV*

"Don't even look at me like that Ace, you know exactly why I'm in danger, you and your stupid fucking mafia, put me in danger." Does she know about the mafia? How? I didn't tell her. Was it Ivan? How fucking dare he show up, at Athenas job, and tell her that? I was supposed to do that. "How do you know about that," I asked back. I'm super mad, don't get me wrong but, I'm glad she knows, it will be easier that way, but I wish It could have told her differently.

"It's all over the internet, maybe you should check it out." She said, she continued wiping the counters, she looked like she could care less. That's weird. Does she even know what the mafia is? Because she's acting a little too calm to know what the mafia is, I kill people, sell drugs, sell weapons, and she doesn't care? What? My mind is going crazy with the way she's acting then I remembered why I am here, to get her to move in with me. Immediately. "Oh, well you should get home and pack, I'll drive you," I said. I'm just trying to get her to leave, here so she can move in. The quicker the better.

         She looked at me then Romeo, "no." She replied, and turned around, facing the coffee machine. "Yes," I replied, this was all fun and games, but now I'm starting to get pissed. If she thinks she can get away with the attitude, she's thinking wrong. "No-." I cut her off by walking behind the counter. She looked at me with fear in her eyes. "Athena Grey, you will fucking leave, do you need me to carry you out of the store," I said looking at her in the eyes. I could see panic arise in her, as well as fear. But she is dead before she admitted it. "I said, Ace Rossi, I'm not leaving." She emphasized my name. Before she could even blink I had her over my shoulder.

          I felt her tiny hands banging on my back, "LET ME GO!" She screamed. She began kicking her legs, I went to slap her thigh but accidentally slapped her ass. I felt her body tense, and she stopped struggling. I was surprised I did that. But I'm not going to deny the fact that I want to do I again.

         I carried her out of the store and into my car. Leaving Romeo to deal with himself. I placed her in the car not trying to be too rough, and buckled her in, "I can do that myself I'm not a ki-" I closed her door before she could finish the sentence. As I was about to get in the car I got a call, it was the maid, I left Sage with, I immediately answered. "Yes?" I asked, I heard Sages wails in the distance a frightful voice spoke  up, "Sir, Sage hasn't stopped crying." She said, I could almost hear the fear radiating off of her.

          "I'll be home in a minute," I said quickly before hanging up. I got back into the car, and looked at Athena, she had her arms across her chest, pouting. So much for not being a child. "We need to go to my house first, Sage is upset," I said before Turing the car on. I quickly pulled out of the spot I parked in driving toward my house.

        "I'll send some of my men to pick your stuff up don't worry," I said looking at her, to find she was already looking at me. "I just don't understand, why? Like why couldn't you be more careful? If you happened to be more careful none of this would have happened" She said. "Listen if you are Sage's nanny, I would have had you move in anyway, no need to complain," I replied looking back at the road. After ten minutes we arrived at my house.

        I looked over at Athena and saw her mouth wide open. I decided to lighten the mood by saying, "close your mouth before a bug flies in." I said playfully. "Fuck you." Was her response. I just laughed at her. When she's mad she looks like a kitten. She couldn't physically hurt me if she wanted to. I laughed at the thought of her trying to hurt me. Her hits tickled more than they hurt.

           "Why are you laughing." She asked, we were now parked. "Nothing," I mumbled out, I still had a small smile on my face from my previous thoughts. "You look really good when you smile." She said. Once she said it she looked like she regretted it. I just smiled more and unlocked the doors, unbuckling my seatbelt getting out. I don't know what it was about that comment that made me so happy. The last time I felt genuine joy like this is when Sage was born. I remember that day like it was yesterday, the best and worst day of my life, best because of Sage, worst because of his mother.