1.3) Heavy Mortal Hopes - Pt. 3

Third Person's POV:

After Beatrix left, Mia, Riven, and Dane laughed a little bit before Dane said, "I don't know how you can smoke so much after Terra's brownies."

"Ah, man, she puts as much weed in hers as Dowling would. Fucking Terra," Riven said.

"Don't be an arsehole, she made them for everybody," Dane said.

Mia chuckled, "No she didn't, dude. She made them for you. She's so thirsty for you d*ck, it's embarrassing."

Riven walked closer to Dane, "By the way, what size are you? Shirt. What size shirt?"

Just as Dane was about to answer, Mia's phone vibrated. She pulled out her phone and saw a text from her father.

Dad:
They killed the Burned One

"It's my Dad. He says they killed the Burned One. I have to go," Mia said.

Riven gave her a kiss, "Bye, mia. See you later."

"Bye, Riv. And bye, Dane."

"See you later, Mia," Dane said before Mia left the room and ran to the specialist training field.

She saw her father sitting down and Sky walking up to him.

"How do you feel?" She asked as she ran up to him.

Her father looked at her and Sky with tears in his eyes.

"You said they killed it," Sky said.

"They did," Mr. Silva said.

"Then why have your wounds not gone away yet?" Mia asked.

"The one they killed must've not been the one that attacked me. Clearly there are more than one of the creatures out there."

"So the battalion will keep looking-"

"It's too late, you guys. It's over," her father interrupted.

"You told me to wait," Mia said.

"That's all there was to do."

"The one thing you always told me about my father was that he died fighting. And now you're just gonna lie here and take it? F*ck that."

"Sky-"

"F*ck that!" Sky yelled, interrupting Silva as she walked away.

"So that's it? There's nothing we do?"

"I'm sorry, Mia."

Mia hugged her father and cried on his shoulder, "There has to be something. Please don't leave me."

Silva kiss the top of her head and ran his fingers through her hair, "It's gonna be okay. You'll be okay."

"No, I won't. This isn't fair," Mia said while wiping her eyes.

"I think we both need to lay down, right now. Why don't you go to your room, Mia," Silva suggested.

"Okay, Dad. Goodnight," Mia said before leaving.

*****

Mia was about to get ready for bed when she got a text from Bloom.

Bloom:
Emergency!
Burned One!
Stone circle!

Mia put her phone back in her pocket and ran to stone circle where she saw Stella, Aisha, Terra, and Musa.

"She's not here," Musa said.

"She probably went into the forest," Mia said before running through the barrier and into the forest, followed by Musa, Aisha, Terra, and Stella.