Two Year Anniversary | Part 1

"Guess what day it is tomorrow!" Ahsoka exclaims giddily, hardly able to contain her happiness as she danced around a half-amused, half irritated Anakin Skywalker.

"It's our Anniversary, isn't it Snips?"

"You bet!" The Togruta answered, all smiles as she did a front tuck onto her bed. "I can't wait!"

Anakin smirks at Ahsoka, knowing exactly what was about to happen tomorrow. Although he was better at hiding it, he, too was very excited. He'd spent months preparing and wanted everything to go smoothly. "Go to bed, Snips," he told her. "I've somehow convinced the Council to excuse us from all classes and meetings tomorrow. You'll be needing your energy."

Ahsoka beamed. "Sure thing Master! No guarantees I'll actually fall asleep though."

Damn Ahsoka and her endless energy.

"Just- just go, Snips."

***

It was nearly midnight by the time Ahsoka had settled into bed. They'd gotten back to their shared quarters at nine-thirty.

It was a tradition for Masters and Padawans to celebrate these annual Anniversaries together. It was their guaranteed day off and often used to strengthen their bonds as well as show appreciation for one another. For Anakin, that meant organizing a huge party. So it was vital that none of the surprises were to be given early. Did that stop Ahsoka from pestering him to give her clues until he broke? Nope. She pestered him until said he began considering canceling the party as a whole.

FLASHBACK

"Master, any clues? Who'll be there?"

"Some people."

"Mind expanding on that idea?"

"Nope," Anakin replied, popping the 'p' teasingly at his Padawan.

"Okay, well, can I organize the lists? I'm great at organization!"

"Not falling for that, 'Soka. I'm not stupid, you know."

"In some situations, I may as well deem you as so."

"Ahsoka!"

"Sorry, not sorry. Any recommended outfits I should wear? Any specific color, style-"

Anakin, who at this point was more than tired of her antics, scooped Ahsoka up into his arms and set her down in bed. His patience was running thin; he had other pressing things to attend to. "Hey, Snips," Anakin said, making his tone sound as warm as he could at the moment, proposed a deal. "If you close your eyes for ten straight minutes without opening them, I'll tell you what you wanna know about tomorrow." It was risky and he knew it, but it was worth a shot.

To his relief, Ahsoka had used up all her energy by then. Much to his delight, she fell right into his trap. "Sure, Master," she mumbled, voice thick. Sliding herself into her blankets, she lay down, eyes closed. Huh. She tired herself out, this was much easier than I thought it would be.

Putting a gentle hand on her forehead, Anakin sent her a powerful yet calming sensation through their bond. Adding a final touch to ensure she'd rest, he emphasized, sleep. Within a minute, she was out and wouldn't be waking up until the next morning. With his Padawan at ease and fast asleep, the Jedi Knight slipped out of their quarters and made his way to Obi-Wan's room.

FLASHBACK END

***

"What took you so long, Anakin?" Padmé demanded, hands on her hips as the haggard-looking Jedi walked into the room. "It's nearly midnight!"