Chapter Twenty-Four

The next day was a tad embarrassing. I'm pretty sure the whole team knew what happened when Loki and I snuck off. No one joked about it though. Probably because they were too scared one of us would stab them.

The next few days at Bora Bora were amazing. We swam, we ate, and we had a great time. I was sad when we had to leave. Loki had to practically drag me onto the plane.

The plane ride was fun. Steve monitored me carefully, so Clint, Sam, Bucky, and I made up the game of 'who can sneak y/n the most alcohol.' Steve's glares got a bit much, so it turned into a game of 'who can put the most magnets on Bucky's arm without him noticing.' I won because I used Steve to distract him. Honestly, the way they both looked at each other killed me. They should get over themselves and date already.

When we arrived home Loki and I went straight to our room. We began to read our books which somehow turned into a make-out session (not that I was complaining).

We were impolitely interrupted by Sam, telling us it was time for dinner. The encounter was actually quite funny. He opened the door without knocking and he saw... nothing R-rated, but something that 'scarred him for life.'

We had an amazing Russian dish that Natasha made. It was called beef stroganoff and was one of the most delicious things I had ever eaten.

We ended the night back with a movie. We watched The Lion King. I swear I saw Loki tear up a few times. Once the movie ended, we retired to our rooms. Loki and I now slept in the same bed and used my old room for storage.

We made it to bed and lay together for a while. My head was against Loki's chest and I listened to his heartbeat as I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I was alone.

"Loki?" I called out.

There was no response. I shrugged and stepped out of bed. I glanced in the mirror. I was wearing one of Loki's green shirts. It reached my mid-thigh.

I went to the kitchen to have breakfast. Normally I would bump into a few Avengers, but there was no one here today. Weird.

I made French toast for myself and Loki.

"Hey Friday, where is everyone?" I asked.

There was no reply. I repeated my question but there was still no answer. Maybe Friday was broken or something.

I ate my toast in silence. How could I let Loki know his breakfast was ready? I had no clue where he was, and Friday was disabled.

There was a loud bang. I turned around, but nothing was there.

"Loki?" I called out.

I stood up and walked towards the sound. There was another bang around the corner.

"Guys? This isn't funny," I called.

There was no response. I turned the corner to the living room and froze. In the centre of the room was Loki. He was lying on the floor and wasn't breathing.

"Loki?" I whispered.

He didn't answer I rushed to him and dropped on my knees beside him. I picked up his wrist, feeling it stay limp. I placed my fingers on his wrist checking his pulse. When there wasn't one, I began to panic.

"Loki!" I yelled. "Loki!"

I was shaking him back and forth and screaming. Screaming and screaming because Loki couldn't be gone. He couldn't be gone – because he couldn't be –

I woke up in cold sweat.

"Y/n, Love?"

I turned to see Loki laying beside me. I tentatively reached a hand out, afraid he wasn't real. When my hand met his cool skin, I hugged him tightly, a few tears escaping my eyes.

"Y/n, Darling, what's wrong?" Loki asked.

It was just a dream.

"I – you were dead, and I couldn't... I-"

Loki pulled back and placed a hand on my cheek.

"It's okay, my Angel," he soothed. "I am here. I am not hurt."

I began to calm down. Loki wiped my tears and held me close.

"I am here to stay. I will never leave you."