4

The sound of muffled grunts gradually faded.

Zhu Shengyin stopped, the whip slashing onto the ground. True to his words, he had gone easier on the man. Although the man was currently breathing heavily and losing a bit of blood, he was still alive. He was one of the few men to live after Zhu Shengyin's own torturing tactics. Liu Weiyan was lucky. At least, Zhu Shengyin thought that the man was luckier than any of his other enemies so far.

Lu Xinyu looked up as soon as the man stopped. "Shall I bring in the physician?" He asked.

Zhu Shengyin discarded the whip, throwing it to the side. Looking up at Liu Weiyan's battered body, he smirked as he replied, "Bring him in."

Lu Xinyu nodded as he stepped out. Returning, he brought in a man that was relatively young. Once more, this man was another trusted subordinate of Zhu Shengyin. He was Zhu Shengyin's personal physician after all. Especially since Zhu Shengyin had saved him.

The man looked at Liu Weiyan's bleeding body. The man's robes had been completely destroyed, his body held numerous long gashes as blood dripped. Even so, the man stubbornly bit on his lips.

"I'll need to unchain him first." The physician's name was Wang Xiaolong. He was a clean man, with tidy hair dressed in a clean white robe. The man's appearance was soft and gentle, the complete opposite of Zhu Shengyin's murderous appearance and Lu Xinyu's stern appearance. With gentle curved brows, they outlined his almond eyes, with heavy double eyelids. The man's pink lips were full. His body was thin and slender, but he was quite tall.

Zhu Shengyin's brow rose. "Do you think you can unchain him?"

Hearing this question, Wang Xiaolong looked at Liu Weiyan who glared at him even with his wounded body. Wang Xiaolong sighed as he set his box onto the table, fumbling it as he took out a white cloth and sprinkled some dust on it. Then, without a word, he walked over to Liu Weiyan. The man obviously struggled, forgetting about his injuries. Even as the knives from the chains stabbed at him, Liu Weiyan struggled.

Wang Xiaolong held down the man and covered his mouth with the cloth. Soon, Liu Weiyan stopped struggling as his eyes rolled back and he collapsed.

Zhu Shengyin watched, "What type of drug is that?" There were a few drops of blood on his face. There was a thick aura of blood-thirst radiating from his body that made the atmosphere cold.

Lu Xinyu slowly walked over to Zhu Shengyin, taking out a white handkerchief. He handed it to the man.

Zhu Shengyin looked at the handkerchief, rolling his eyes, but he still accepted it and roughly wiped away the blood on his face.

Wang Xiaolong unchained Liu Weiyan, slowly taking off the chains as he picked the locks. He carried the man onto the bed as he replied, "A new drug. It knocks out a person for a few hours."

Then, Wang Xiaolong grabbed his box and took out the things from within them.

Zhu Shengyin ran a hand through his hair. "Just clean him. I don't want him dying on me so soon."

"The Fountain of Youth has been sought after by countless Emperors. Liu Nation has carefully guarded this secret for so long. I doubt that he will say a word." Wang Xiaolong's voice was soft and calm.

Zhu Shengyin did not mind that Wang Xiaolong wasn't calling out his title. He merely sat down on the chair as Lu Xinyu stood by him. "I'm different. Plus, the man is definitely hard to break." He chuckled. "But that's why I want to break him even more." His eyes flickered.

Wang Xiaolong shook his head. "Well, I have to admit. Three years ago, you were even more frightening than this. Back then, you truly didn't care about life or death."