Chapter XXIV

The muscles in her arm stretch as she reaches across her chest. She relaxes after a few seconds and then reaches across again but from the other side, feeling the same stretch in the other arm. After she was satisfied with how her arms felt, she took a seat on the cobble floor and straightened out her legs in front of her. She reaches and touches her toes, feeling her legs tense up by this motion. She held that position for a few more seconds before standing up to shake her legs around a little. The tall woman strolled over to her bed and grabbed the rag that was laying on her blanket. As she wiped the sweat from off her face, Kuvira sat down on her straw mattress; letting her green eyes wander to the othr side of the room. Korra's side of the room.

Her grasp on the rag tightened almost instantly as she slowly dabbed the sweat from her shoulders. She moved her gaze away from her old friend's bed and grabbed her shirt; slipping it over her body. As Kuvira's head popped out of the shirt, she found herself looking at Korra's bed once again. She's not coming back.

No matter how many times she told herself that, there was always a hope that she would wake up and find her, find Korra sleeping there like nothing had ever happened. But it never came true. And it never will.

A frustrated groan left her lips as she grabbed one of her boots that were on the floor and threw it towards Korra's side of the room. Her boot bounced from the cobble walls in a peculiar way and it spirralled towards Korra's storage chest. It landed ontop of the wooden box and created a noise that made Kuvira jump. The tall woman raised an eyebrow at the chest as she got to her feet. Korra's stuff was still here of course, she had just never looked through it. There was nothing in there for her to even look at. As she was about to open the chest, a few knocks were heard from her door. She sighed and stood up straight.
"Yes?"

"Kuvira, it's me." A husky voice replied. Kuvira rolled her eyes and opened the door to be greeted by Amon. He nodded to her as a thank you and stepped further into the room, a map in hand.

"What do you want?" She asked with a sneer, watching him unfold the map onto Korra's bed.

"I've just come back from scouting the area around the Sato Manor." He explained, pointing to specific points on the map.
"There are guards here, here and here."
Kuvira leaned in so she could have a look at what he was on about and nodded, gesturing for him to continue.
"There's no way we can get close enough to even see Mr Sato." Amon continued.

Kuvira knew that the security would triple when Yasuko was 'killed' but she really didn't expect it to be this guarded, it's completely ruined their plans again. Unless.. unless they lured Mr Sato away from the Manor. Their security would be split and Hiroshi would be a lot more vulnerable.
"We could lure Hiroshi away from the Manor then it would be easier to atleast land a shot on him with the flintlock."

Amon cleared his throat as he folded the map back up so he could put it back into his coat pocket.
"That could work. But how would we lure him away?" He asked.
The woman sighed and shrugged, she didn't think ahead that far.
"Maybe if we had someone in town that is close to Mr Sato, preferably a servant of some kind to send a message to him." Amon said, making the woman in front of him smile slightly at this brillant idea.
"However, I'm sure no one in town would trust us if I have a face like this." The large man trailed a finger across the scar on his face, it still felt strange.

Kuvira's lips curled into a smug smirk and she folded her arms.
"I know someone who can help."

<->

Jinora placed a reassuring hand onto her friend's shoudler.
"I should probably tell my father about this."

"I don't think that's a wise idea." Korra sighed, placing her hand over Jinora's.