Chapter 32: Torn Friendships

CHAPTER 32:

"It was Yaya's birthday. We figured after all she'd done for everyone this past year, she deserved something to celebrate." Zelena keeps her arms at her side to avoid the sudden movement that would set Tory off physically, though she desperately wants to wrap her arms around her body to shield herself from the iciness radiating off her friend.

The blonde sucks her teeth mockingly, leaning in closer to the brunette who allows her to get close. She nearly utters something but a different commotion to the left of her causes her head to snap in that direction, exposing her completely to Tory who is no longer under Zelena's watchful eye. "You know if you would have never left Cobra Kai, it wouldn't have to be like this." Tory's words awaken the curious cat forever living in Zelena's mind rent free and the vague, foreboding sentence turns Zelena's head back toward the blonde. "If he never left, it really wouldn't have to come to this."

"Kreese kicked me out. And he didn't want to be that way anymore." Zelena defends, noting the subtle way Tory prepares herself for a physical altercation by stepping back only slightly.

"Hey, get away from her!" A voice shouts from off to the side. Neither girl pays much attention to the edge of the tone nor the actual source. Both are entranced by one another, silently acknowledging the way they were quite literally two sides of the same coin. Light and dark, day and night, peace and war- Miyagi Fang and Cobra Kai.

Tory rolls her eyes, her chest briefly jerking in sync with the huff that escapes her. "You really think that Hawk doesn't exist anymore because he chose to break up one fight? Because he showed up to a couple of practices?" Tory's lips press together, considering the destruction that would be left in her wake should she continue down this road.

"People can change given the right circumstances. It doesn't happen overnight-"

A threat is angrily shouted from the left of the pairing once more, though neither can make out the words. The two girls watch the oncoming company, Tory in what should be glee that the two traitors are getting what they deserve, but is really a discontent bringing her sickness and Zelena in complete horror. She notes the dark blue hoodie Eli had grabbed from his trunk before he locked his car indefinitely for the time they were here and then the glimpse of face from the person in the black zip up opposing him. Robby.

Eli swings first and actively knocks Robby to the floor, quickly straddling him and throwing a few punches mercilessly to his face. Zelena races to the pair, grabbing her date at the elbow just as he swings his arm back to strike Robby a fourth time. She yanks backward, even swinging her body weight that way to send Eli onto his ass. Her feet shuffle her frame between the pair of barbaric boys with her arms outstretched.

Both boys scramble back onto the soles of their feet, manuvering forward on the balls of them to stand chest against palm on either side of Zelena. They silently size each other up, seething in their own fury, while Zelena feels their surges of negative emotion against her palms. Her words and voice fall on deaf ears, something she doesn't necessarily mind until Robby narrows his eyes and presses harder against her hand to egg on Eli. Eli steps forward too, igniting the fire within Zelena as she watches this useless, pissing fight.

Her arms bend inward, causing the two boys to stumble forward and thanks to gravity, cause them to smack heads. Though she had not intended harm to either of them, she smiles at the irony and places her hands on her hips. "Maybe that was enough to knock some sense into you two idiots," She chides over the groaning boys who rub the area of their foreheads that had been impacted.

The fury surges through the blonde, seeing the girl who has it all settling the long time burning battle between Hawk and Robby.And the truth seeps into her mind, the same one Zelena had begun to admit to before they boys interrupted them.  A truth Tory didn't want to think about because it always tore her apart. Everything in her aches and burns with her indecisive crisis. "It also doesn't happen in two weeks. And if you really thought that calling him by his old name and wrapping him in hugs and kisses," She makes kissy faces to hide the twists of pain in her expression, "Or even fucking him would actually make him your dream man, then you really are as stupid as Kreese says you are."