Chapter 22 - An Apology

POV: Y/N

Why am I the biggest dumbass in existence?  I really thought Reita would cheat on me with an underclassmen I'm not even sure actually exists? What in the hell...

"Oh hey you're awake." Reita says sleepily rubbing his eyes. "What are you doing up? It's the middle of the night."

"Oh uh," I try to think of an excuse. "I just woke up from a bad dream."

"I'm sorry you had a bad dream princess." Reita yawns and scoots closer to me. "Let me hold you. As long as your in my grasp, your bad dreams will go away."

He was fighting so hard to stay awake I could tell. His eyes kept slowly closing.

"Okay." I give in.

He's so cute like this. I don't think I've ever seen him this exhausted. His hair is all messy and he's all weary. He looks so precious.

He falls back asleep almost immediately after holding on to me again. I give him a peck on the cheek and face the ceiling.

I hate myself.

...

POV: Toritsuka

"What's up Toritsuka? What's going on? I can tell something is going on. What is it? What is it? You'll know I'll be able to figure it out. Probably... Something with y/n? Yep, that's it. What is it?" The piss boy detective won't stop pestering me.

"Akechi! Chill out. Leave me be." I tiredly whine.

"Good grief. Akechi try and lay off for once." Saiki says and gives Akechi a look. He then grabs my arm and starts to force me away with him. "Come on perv."

"Why am I being called perv more than my own name recently?" I mumble.

Saiki continues to drag me up and down the halls of the school until we're on the rooftop.

How cliche.

"I can hear you." Saiki grumbles and finally releases me from his grasp.

"So why'd you steal me away like that?" I ask trying to sound a little more upbeat. "Are you finally coming out?"

"I did what you asked." Saiki says ignoring my question.

"What I asked?" I question him utterly confused. "What did I ask for?"

"You know..." Saiki starts. "The situation with the first year."

"Situation with the first year?" I ask still confused. "What are you even talking about dude?"

"I killed her." Saiki tells me telepathically.

"YOU KI-" Saiki slaps his hand on my mouth to shush me but hits me so hard I fall to the ground and black out.

...

"What the fu-" I say and shut up when I notice y/n is asleep.

Damn it I almost woke her up. Also what the hell is up with my dreams lately? They're just getting more and more concerning. I don't know how much more of this I can take.