𝟬𝟰. 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴

SUNDAY

tendou turns himself towards the four; pursed lips and a curious countenance. semi raises an eyebrow, as he only now was aware of y/n's presence. ushijima is silent as he seems to burn holes into the poor girl's form with his eyes.

semi's narrowed brown eyes stare inquisitively at the girl as she fidgets around with her unzipped jacket zipper.

i should say something.

"...h-hi."
she stutters quietly.

"hiya~! y/n-chan, was it?"
tendou asks; y/n nods, forcing herself to look up at the redhead. his smirk immediately stretches while semi blinks twice, lowering his head slightly.

ushijima remains straight-faced and unmoving. to say his behaviour was unnerving was a great understatement.

this man is dead on the inside.

.
.
.

"i am wakatoshi ushijima. hello."
he greets plainly. y/n gives him a shaky smile and a short, hesitiant wave. semi sighs loudly.

"...eita semi."
he states, his brown eyes never once meeting y/n's own [eye color] ones.

"well, i'm satori tendou~!"
he sticks out his tongue, throwing up strange hand signs as he raises one of his eyebrows ridiculously high.

he really might be gang-related.

"don't worry,"
kuroo nudges y/n, standing closer to her.

"he's not parta bloods or anything."
he smirks down at her, and she offers him a shy smile and a barely-audible giggle.
"at least, i don't think so..."

akaashi speaks up.
"so, what'd you say
you're here for again...?"

"i am waiting for my father."

"we, are waiting for your father, wakatoshi~!"

"why're you guys here, anyway?"
semi asks, sounding somewhat annoyed.
kuroo holds back a scoff. semi, for some reason, has always kind of gotten under his skin. maybe it was his snarky attitude that clashed with kuroo's own cocky episodes sometimes.

"we're here to play ball, edgelord."
he smirks, feeling victorious.

semi grows flustered, his face scrunching up in annoyance as his face turns pink. his brown eyes nervously dart over to y/n before turning his body away completely, his arms crossed.

"uh- whatever..."

akaashi spins the volleyball in his hands.
"do you guys wanna join us while you wait?"

wakatoshi nods.
"alright."

tendou hops up from the slide, propping his hands up on his waist as he stretches a bit.

"ya, sure. why not~"

bokuto suddenly perks up.
"y/n, can you play with us too? we're gonna toss the ball around!!"