✹fourteen✹

"You there," Cersei called out. The girl paused and turned to the Lannister girl. She had long black hair which reached past her hips, braids unraveling over a maid's uniform. "What's your name girl?" Her mask of cold kindness slipped over Cersei's features and she gestured for the maid to sit. She did so, not before curtsying. Smart girl. The lioness though.

"Wrowen." She said, ducking her head. "M'lady." Wrowen quickly added." Cersei smirked at the girl's clear fear written in her eyes.

"And tell me Wrowen." Cersei said in a soft voice that could fool anyone into thinking that she was just a fair lady who was waiting for a shining knight. Oh how wrong they were. "Do you have a family?" The girl looked old enough to be married with at least one child already birthed.

Wrowen was perched at the edge of her seat and she raised her eyes to look at Cersei with a defensive gleam in her eyes. "M'lady?" She asked, clearly confused as to why Cersei Lannister was interested in her home and family.

"You heard me." Cersei urged. Wrowen shrank back and Cersei pursed her lips. A simple answer was all she was asking for, was that so hard to give?

"I have triplets, M'lady, only two years of age." She stammered out. "And my two brother's are living with us, one five, the other eight. They've been with me since our parents died of wheat fever last year." Her eyes were now glued to the floor. Such a pretty thing, Cersei thought. How convenient that she is playing right into my hands.

"And your husband?" Cersei asked, feigning innocence. She knew perfectly well that the girl's husband was dead, she could see it in the way that Wrowen walked. A woman without stability was a woman who could be used to others advantage.

Wrowen's shoulders folded into her chest and she shrank in her chair. "He died the same as my parents." Cersei furrowed her brows in fake sympathy and grabbed the girl's hand in comfort. "It's been rough the last few months. We live in Flea Bottom, see?" Cersei did see and she almost pulled her hand away from the comforting touch because of it.

"You poor thing." She said softly, inwardly laughing to herself. "And you're left to take care of those five children all by yourself." Wrowen nodded meekly. Oh this was too easy. "And a maid's position, even in the Red Keep, can't pay very well can it?" Wrowen's head snapped up.

"Oh no, m'lady." She rushed out. "We are thankful for everything the King gives us, he's very humble to think of us common folk." More false pleasantries about King Aerys. Cersei fought the urge to roll her eyes.

"Yes, but i'm sure it's still hard, raising not only your children, but your brother's also." Cersei nodded in understanding, though she would never have to understand. Should she ever birth triplets and their father die of a sickness, she would surely have a house and hallways of gold to help her back up, though she would never have the need to fall. "It simply won't do." Cersei said, squeezing the girl's hand. "You serve under the princess do you not?" Wrowen nodded. Cersei smirked. Of course she did. Why else would the lady be talking to her otherwise. "I have a task for you Wrowen." She pulled the pouch of powder out of her pocket. "If you succeed, you shall be rewarded handsomely. Two golden dragons each trip."

The girl picked up and her eyes clouded with interest and, if Cersei looked close, greed. Two gold dragons was not a lot in the eyes of wealthy lords and ladies, but to a woman who most likely grew up in Flea Bottom, it was food for the next month. "What would you like me to do M'lady?" she asked eagerly, eyeing the pouch curiously.

"I want you to pour this in the princess's morning drink everyday." Cersei said plainly. "Oh don't worry, it won't hurt her." She added, noticing the maid's surprised expression. "Jaime asked me to send for a mix which would help her headaches, she gets quite upset during the day you see." Wrowen nodded in understanding. "Princess Rhena insisted that she does not need to be treated, so my dearest brother Jaime can't give it to her since he's in the same room as her all morning. That is your job. The princess will be well, and my brother will sleep easy, knowing that she is well." She placed the powder in the maid's waiting hands. "Just a pinch into her morning water, tea, or wine, whatever the princess drinks, report back to me when it's done, and you can go back home at the end of the day with food for your family."

"Thank you M'lady." Wrowen stood and curtsied. Cersei nodded and watched as she retreated from the Lannister rooms.

"Wrowen!" The young woman called out. Wrowen turned back and looked expectantly at the lady. "This is a very delicate matter which involves the royal family. Do make sure no one finds out about it, the king has been known to lose his temper and indulge in wildfire." She sent a pointed look to the woman and she nodded hastily. "Also," She called out when Wrowen started to turn again. "If you mention this conversation to anyone but me, I will have your children thrown from the cliffs into the sea and your brother's beaten in the square for treason." She said the threat so calmly, Wrowen wasn't even sure if it was a threat at all. The words rang in her ears though, and she inhaled shakily.

"Yes M'lady." She said, before scurrying out of the room, escaping the cool demeanor of Lady Lannister. Cersei sank into her chair with ease, able to rest for a bit. Her new sister would not be giving her house an heir in the coming months, she had made sure of that. 

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\\//\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Woahhh there Cersei calm down! told ya'll we were getting into the fun stuff. How does everyone like the jealous twin?  So sorry for the short chapter...I'm tired. I've also decided to cast Celina Sinden as young Cersei. They sort of look alike and I thought having a face other than the 30ish year old queen could be better for visual. 

Guess what? Another cold day tomorrow! You know what that means...more writing! Thank you so much for reading, stay safe, stay healthy, stay charming, stay lovely lovelies!