12

☾

"Another attack?" Emmet asks, looking at Carlisle with furrowed brows.

Emmet, Carlisle, Katherine and Kol had sat themselves within Carlisle office, the man pulling out all traces of the new vampires that had came to town to try and find connections.

They'd been left with nothing so far.

"Was there any trace to where they went after?" Katherine speaks up as she walks around the office, clicking her tongue at the autopsy's sat upon the table. One of them caught her eye, It was a middle aged man by the name of Waylon Forge and the look of his case was graphic.
His head was near off his shoulders, bite marks surrounding his body viscously; she knew the man. Her and Kol had seen him a lot by the docks when going to visit the waters, he had been kind to them, a little tipsy and out of the loop on alcohol but kind nonetheless. The vampires committing these crimes didn't care for subtly, if they didn't pack it in then it would lead to them all being caught.

No one was going to believe in an animal attack with no animal ever found for much longer.

"No. They seem to be good at hiding their scents" Carlisle informs them, shaking his head whilst running a hand over his chin stressfully.

Katherine and Kol share a look, these nomads could cause issues from them.

"If they are attacking locals they need to be found and stopped right away" Kol says to which everyone nodded in agreement, it was a must that they had to stop the nomads, they just had to find them first.

"They won't just show themselves" Emmet says, grabbing a case file and flipping through it. The sight of a little girl with bite marks on her throat making his stomach lurch, poor baby. These sick bastards had to be stopped and fast, before anyone else got hurt.

He had to make sure Rosalie didn't see that file.

"They're attacking children?" seeing the file in Emmets hands, the twins frown deeply at the sight. Sick bastards. It didn't matter how evil they had once been, they would have never hurt children.

"We need to find them. Quickly" Katherine sneers, she wouldn't let the town she now calls home become a blood bath; she'd had to live in those conditions before and she wouldn't ever again.

"Everyone needs to keep their eyes out" Carlisle agrees, slinking down into his desk chair whilst raking a hand through his hair. He didn't want anymore innocents being hurt, he didn't want his family being hurt either.

These nomads had to be put to an end.

Walking around the office, a click in her heels from her knee length boots, Katherine stops at the large portrait that sat upon the wall, the painting supported by a vintage golden frame that was so old it would sell for millions now.