Sugar and Sleep

-

Three little knocks came from Karl's front door, and he hurried over to answer. He was quickly greeted with a strong hug from Alex, one arm still holding on to his luggage.

"Karl! My man!" he shouted, letting the taller boy go.

"Hi, Quackmister!" Karl joked. He helped bring in his friend's bags, setting them by the couch. Alex had already made himself comfortable by an outlet on the wall fidgeting with a PC he had brought with him to stream on when Karl shut the door and made his way over to the living room. Laughing at how he sat like a gremlin for a moment, he sat down on the couch and pulled a blanket over his lap. Alex turned from his project and gave Karl an expectant look.

"What?" He asked.

"You know what, what are you going to do about Nick?" Alex reminded. Karl groaned and stretched his arms over his head.

"I don't know dude, I can't just get over it, but I can't tell him either,"

"You're still not dealing with the main problem man, you gotta ask yourself if you legit like him or not" He pointed out, shoving his donut in his mouth.

"I did deal with that, I don't! I don't. I definitely don't, for sure not," Karl defended. Alex stared at him for a moment, hoping he would hear what he said. When Karl finally realized, he quickly tucked his knees under his chin and pulled his hands close to his face.

"Right?" He asked, mostly to himself, but he needed to say the words out loud.

"That's what you need to answer. Then you can deal with it. Until then, I can't help you," He turned back to fidgeting with the computer, leaving Karl to drown in his thoughts for a moment. He thought about it for a moment, and perked back up, untucking himself.

"No, I know I don't like him. I just got hung up on it 'cause one, it's Valentine's soon, and two, I am just lonely as all hell, so it has nothing to do with hi-," The rest of his sentence was cut off by the sound of heavy arms knocking on the door. His eyes widened, and he looked at Alex for guidance, but he just smiled and nodded at the door.

His face grimaced as he peeled himself from the couch and reluctantly made his way to the door. He paused with his hand on the door for a moment before swinging the door open, where Dream and George's face made him sigh in relief.

"Oh, thank God," he whispered, but the couple heard it and looked at each other confused.

"'Thank god'? Who the hell did you think we were?" Dream asked, making Karl pause for a moment. He had hoped they didn't hear him, so now he had to explain. He went to say something to excuse himself but was interrupted by Alex's distant sing-song voice from in the house.

"Karl's having boyyy troubbllesss," and the boy's faces lit up, making eye contact with Karl. He looked away shyly but helped them carry their bags into the living room. When he entered the room, he shot Alex a threatening look, which was met with giggles. Dream and George put their stuff next to Quackity's by the couches, and quickly sat down, Dream placing his arm around the smaller boy's shoulder.

Karl handed each of them their personalized donuts and sat down on the couch opposite of them, his nerves starting to fade. He watched the happy couple, jealous of how content they were, simply to sit near each other. His heart longed for something like that, for warm arms around him and endearing eyes to look at him. For Nick's eyes to look at him.

His daydream was interrupted by Dream calling his name, demanding his attention. He snapped up his head to look at him, completely startled. This made Dream chuckle as he spoke.

"Damn Karl, who's got you so distracted?" Before he could respond, Quackity answered for him.

"SappyNappy does," he yelled from over the couches. Dream and George looked at each other and then back at Karl who nodded slightly confirming it. Dream sighed and reached into his pocket and pulled out a wad of cash and shoved it into George's open hand, who tucked it into his own pocket with a smirk on his face as Karl watched in embarrassment.

"C'mon guys! Seriously?" he yelled, and they all laughed.

"I so called it," George said smugly.

"Yeah, yeah whatever," Dream replied, pulling George against his shoulder. "So what made you realize anyway?" He asked. Karl opened his mouth to respond and was again interrupted.

"He had a no-no dream about him,"

"Will you shut up back there?" Karl yelled, making Alex snicker. Karl turned back to the boys and told the story once again as they sat attentively.

"So you're gonna tell him?" George asked when he finally finished.

"Hell no! Besides, there's nothing to tell, it was just a dream," He insisted.

"Clearly not, but whatever man, you're the one who has to deal with it,"

"I know," Karl said groaning as he leaned against the couch and dragged his hand down his face. He sighed deeply and reached for his phone to check the time, but was greeted with a message from Nick, that said he would be late. Jimmy had texted ahead of time that he would be there tomorrow, so that was everyone for now. He told the group and relaxed a bit, glad to not have to stress about it.

They talked for a bit while Quackity finished his project, and they pulled up a movie to watch when he finally did. Karl arranged himself on the couch wrapped up tight in a blanket leaning against the arm of the chair. As time passed, the sounds of the movie pulled him to sleep.

-

The movie eventually finished, but Karl stayed sleeping. Not wanting to wake him, the group just continued to talk and play on their phones for a bit, just killing time. Then a soft knock came from the door, and Karl stirred but stayed sleeping. George and Dream looked at each other, forming a plan while Quackity stifled laughs. George got up from the couch and tip-toed over to the door and opened it slowly, quickly signaling to an exhausted Nick to be quiet by placing a finger to his lip. He looked confused but went along with it figuring something was up and kept quiet as he stepped into the house.

Dream and Quackity gave silent waves at him and signaled that Karl was asleep and Nick held back giggles. George brought himself up to his ear to whisper something after Nick had set down his bags. He snorted and nodded at him, and slowly made his way over to the couch where Karl was slightly snoring.

He silently scooped up the sleeping boy in his arms and sat him up next to him, wrapping in his arms and pulling him close. Karl let out a small whine but still stayed asleep as Nick pulled him closer and the group stifled laughs.

Nick was particularly confused as to why they were laughing so much, completely oblivious to their previous conversation, but the two of them flirting had been an ongoing joke, so he went along with it. Plus, Nick enjoyed holding Karl like this more than he'd like to admit. The group calmed themselves down after a bit and turned on another show, but Nick still had a strong hold on Karl as he rested his head against his chest, his soft brown hair lightly brushing his chin.

A/N
Sorry for the shorter/slower read, next chapters gonna be good!
Edited
1310 Words