Chapter 13 (Part 2) || Not A Favour

"What do you want?" I frown as I turn to face Blake.

"It's a pleasure to see you too," he replies sarcastically. He looks a little drunk which is a good sign for me because he's a lot nicer when he's drunk.

I smile briefly, "Okay. Goodbye," I walk away, though Blake grabs my hand and pulls me back to him. "Jesus Christ, Blake. What are you doing?" I groan, "You're mean, and then you're nice, and then you're mean again? I can't stand that anymore."

"For the record, I really dislike you-" he begins.

"As you've told me 500 times," I roll my eyes and fold my arms over my stomach.

"Yeah okay - But I am sorry for what I did the other day."

"What?"

"Fucking hell, don't make me repeat it," he groans, "Saying that was hard enough as it was."

"Fine then. You won't get my forgiveness," I shrug.

"I don't even want your forgiveness," he retorts quickly, before eventually sighing in defeat, "Fine. I'm sorry for making the whole school think you slept with me. That was low."

"Okay, I forgive you for that," I reply curtly.

"That was what you were angry about, right?" Blake's eyebrows draw together in confusion, "If you forgive me for that, then why are you still being dry?"

"Because you've done many other crappy things to me too."

Blake scoffs in annoyance, "Well then you're stupid if you think I'm apologising for struggling to cope with your annoying peppiness."

"That's okay, I didn't expect you to act like a decent person."

"You are so-"

"Eh-hem," someone coughs, interrupting our conversation. I glance away to find Max standing before us, his eyes hard and jaw stiff.

"Hey, Max," I smile warmly, "How did the 'crazy drunk guy' dilemma go?"

I expected him to brighten up at that, but instead his hard gaze was trained on Blake who glares back at Max with an equal amount of fierceness.

"What are you doing here, Parker?" Max growls and my eyes widen at the vicious tone in his voice. I was so used to seeing the cheeky, happy, dimply-smiled Max all the time, that when I catch a glimpse of this side, it comes as quite a surprise.

"Why not?" Blake shrugs carelessly.

"You weren't invited."

"This is an open house party, dip-shit," Blake raises an eyebrow, and I have to admit that expression was very attractive. He steps towards Max and Max mimics him, taking a step forward too and glaring up at Blake.

"Kisskisskiss," I chant in a whisper. The two of them send me an odd look. Max confused and Blake irritated.

Blake just sighs, "And she's not even drunk," he mutters under his breath. His attention then returns to Max. "Now. Would you like me to tell Bronte what is going on?" he asks lightly.

My stomach churns as I anxiously watch the two, praying to God that this incident would soon come to a finish. A fight is the last thing I need for my indestructible night.

Max eyes widen a fraction, "Don't," Max states firmly, "Don't."

My eyebrows furrow in confusion and I glance back and forth between the two. What is he talking about?