LISA and JENNIE

(MOST OF THE SITUATION IN THIS CHAPTER ARE MADE UP, REMEMBER THIS IS A FAN/SHIPPER POV)

When I write like this, (italics), we are referring to past dialogues.

Sitting down on the bed, I begin to slip off my shoes and socks.

"What are you thinking about so hard, Lisa?"

Lisa's head is fixed inside her smartphone. Back and foot leaning against the wall, that once housed her small red refrigerator. I watch her, beginning to undo the buttons on my blouse.

"Nothing special."

"Oh, Lili. I'm the wrong person for this. Do you think I don't know you?"

She stops obsessively checking her smartphone, as I look into her eyes, I realize that something is not as usual.

"Why did you choose L?" She asks me sharply, avoiding my gaze.

Why had I chosen L? L Our eyes.

We had met L in 2017, in Bangkok. With fuzzy blonde hair and a European accent, it was more than obvious that L was neither Thai nor Korean.

Lisa and I were in Thailand, I wanted to take a vacation there, spend some time in that country that had impressed me. The exuberant eastern capital of markets, boats, chaos, colors, smells, food.
No other location in Asia rivals Bangkok for its exciting, transgressive nightlife.
She showed me three of the most popular locations, the Wat Phra Kaew, Temple of the Emerald Buddha, again the Asiatique Riverfront, the huge night market with the giant Ferris wheel, and we had even climbed the Wat Saket, the highest point in the city, skyscrapers excluded. From the top, we could admire the charming Bangkok skyline.
Walking over 300 steps around the perimeter of the mountain, up to the small temple, full of statues and corners where the faithful stop to pray, we had made a spiritual, pleasant, colorful journey.

I remember us, away from our mothers; she'd asked me if I was happy to be there together.

"Of course, I'm happy, I have a personal guide."

"I hope I can come back here with you and... maybe take some more trips in the future."

She'd given me one of her usual wonderful smiles, that I'd failed to hold up.

"You and me, Jennie."

And I'd to turn towards the big golden stupa.

I think the fans made many theories about that holiday; too bad that absolutely nothing happened. I was fine with Lisa. She was funny, she was protective, she was my guide; probably something was starting to connect me to her. But we were certainly not in a relationship at that moment.

"You know L is the only one who can handle a situation so..."

"So stupid?"

__

Then L changed the style to blending into Korea's coolest city. The fashion world. I remember us bickering heavily a lot of times, but now we are like hidden brothers. Far away from the cameras and the Idol's side, L was the most adaptable candidate for this weird experiment. When L had returned to Korea in June; things were wonderful, our success was on the rise, and we were doing our best to please the fans.

There was always that sparkling, colorful air; those were really good times for all of us.

Lisa always had a genuine smile on her face.

We will not see it so easily anymore.

They were also the days when our relationship was taking over.

After that afternoon in Lisa's room, a lot had happened. To be brief, we could consider ourselves a couple. A low-key couple.