13

☾

Gathered in a clearing, the Cullens stand around the grassy field decked out in sportswear ready to play their game of baseball.

Katherine and Jasper were doing tricks with their bats, swivelling them between their fingers and throwing them into the air as Rosalie, Kol and Emmet were tossing a ball back and forth to one another; a small game of childish catch being played between the three of them.

Rosalie turns her head to watch her wife as she flips and twists the metal bat skilfully in her hands, the way her slender fingers tapped off the end of the sliver metal before she flipped it to the other side effortlessly causing crude thoughts to enter her mind. She'd be lying if she said she didn't find it very attractive.

"Oi blondie! Stop ogling my sister and catch the ball" Kol shouts at her with a disgruntled face, quickly throwing the ball so it bounced off of the blondes head; the noise catching Katherines attention whilst It clashed with her hard skull.

A boom of laughter echoes at the sight, Emmet doubling over whilst Katherine and Jasper stop their tricks to have a chuckle. Even Carlisle and Esme were laughing.

Rose rolls her eyes, being in such a good mood that having a ball thrown at her and messing up her hair didn't phase her, before picking up the hall that had landed onto the floor going back to resuming their game of catch.

"Oh my, how am I still alive?" Kol asks with a hand smacked to his mouth, his faux shock receiving him a harsh throw from the ball in Rosalie's grasp that he caught with ease.

"You're Katherine's brother, that's the only reason. Don't get it twisted" she gives him a sarcastic smile, turning to look at where Katherine was and when seeing her already staring her fake smile slips into that of a real one.

Their little activities stop as Edward and Bella turn up in Emmets car, the sight of the human causing smiles to drop and sneers to replace them.

Esme walks up to Bella with a large motherly smile on her face as she watches Rosalie and Carlisle playfully fight over who would be batting first, the blonde man having swept in to distract Rosalie seeing her quick change of attitude.

Reaching Bella, she hugs her tightly and places her arm around her shoulder, steering her away from Edward who gave an encouraging nod. All could tell from the way Bellas heart was pattering in her chest that she was nervous; that probably had a lot to do with Rosalie's death glare.

"Glad your here, we need an umpire" Esme tells her, bumping hips with Alice as the pixie like vampire gives a 'hello' with a kiss to the cheek to Bella. Jasper speeds to his wife and takes her within his arms, attempting to down out the scent that now filled the field.