cute air

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"hi girls!" stasie cruised into the school's music studio with a cardboard take-out cup carrier in her hand, "i went to the coffee shop before i got here and brought you guys some drinks."

"oh stas, you're the best." flynn clapped her hands.

"thank you!" julie grinned as she sat down at the grand piano.

"a latte for jules." she placed the drink down on the top of the piano, "and they didn't have any sodas you liked, so i just got you coffee two sugars, no milk." she handed flynn her cup.

"thanks." flynn hummed as she took it from her hands.

"how much was it?"

"no worries." stasie shook her head, "now, what have i missed?"

"luke and i spent all weekend writing songs." julie explained, "i was just about to play a snippet."

"ooo, don't let me stop you." stasie grinned as she took a sip of her hot chocolate.

"here's a bit of the chorus." she told them, "♪ cause we're standing on the edge of great, great, great ♪"

"wow!" flynn nodded, "i like it!"

"it sounds great already," stasie added, "pun intended."

"definite gaga vibes." flynn chimed after chuckling at stasie's lame joke.

"oh, you're so right."

"thanks! i think we have an anthem with this one." julie described, "it's something my mom and i were working on."

stasie and flynn both gave her a small smile at the mention of her late mother.

"luke and i finished it. check it out," julie spoke, "♪ and it's one, two, three, four times. that i've tried for one more night ♪"

the two girls began swaying to the melody and their friend's angelic voice.

♪ light a fire in my eyes, i'm going out of my mind ♪

"that's... that's beautiful."

"it's wonderful, jules." stasie agreed as julie chuckled.

"and our girl's got a crush, and his name is luke." flynn continued.

"what?" julie frowned, "no. luke's a ghost."

"a cute ghost." flynn simplified.

"and a kind ghost."

"with a perfect smile." julie swooned.

"ha!" flynn high-fived stasie in triumph. "i knew it! just remember he's made of air."

"cute air." julie reasoned with a shrug.

"just don't get hurt, okay?" flynn's face softened.

stasie cleared her throat, "my dollar, please."