7. Warlock and Demon

Sol P.o.v

I don't fit in.

The Lucky-13 Nightclub is packed. Music and colorful pulsing lights blur, suffocating me in the dim place. I watch from the sideline at the bar as sweaty humans dry hump each other on the dance floor.

A smile creeps on my lips when I really feel like shit inside. I wish I knew how to stop smiling when I'm stressed. Then again, I wish for many things but they never seem to come true.

"You look like shit, Sol." Leviathan says as he exits the crowd. The handsome devil stands there in a platinum suit that screams, Money!

I probably do look like crap, but it's not easy casting a weather spell while standing in the middle of a storm. Now, the day is sunny but I'm still wet, and sadly it's not the sensual wet. I wonder why I didn't go home and change before coming here, then I remember why.

I open my mouth to tell him what I came to him for but, "I guess I'll just have to be five times cuter than you instead of the usual ten. Won't I?"

Hell, what just came out of my mouth? I was ready to lecture myself but a hardy laugh by my side interrupts my thoughts.

"You really are a cute warlock." He leans over and his cold eyes look down at me as they change colors in excitement. I swear my heart must have been on drugs from how fast it's beating, and the smile on my face becomes wider than I would like.

"I need to talk to you in private." I say, wanting to move things along so I can go home already.

"Come," he says, and we move to the back. Where I clean myself and put on some spare clothes stored here. Then, he makes me hot chocolate with his silver tea set in the seat across from me. "Now, what can I do for you little warlock," his deep voice sending shivers down my spine.

"It's Addal's mom," I reply.

At the mention of Mrs. Lovelorn, Leviathan's face becomes slightly less pleasant. He sips his tea before silently urging me to continue.

During the time I was casting a weather spell the redhead ran to me in the storm. I could barely make her out but I knew it was her from her pink robe and horrible rambles.

"Why did she come to you and what did she say?" He passes me the small cup, which I greedily accept.

"Where do I begin?"

"You must save her please," Mrs. Lovelorn screamed.

"Save who?" I asked

"Save my daughter! They're coming! They're coming for us. They're coming for all of us! I must go and hide!" She shoved a paper in my pocket before running further into the storm.

"And that was the last time I saw her."

"I'll have my goons search for her, and the paper?"

"Barely made it through the storm." I pass him the soggy paper that contained smudged words.

"Beware the hunters and wolves when you enter the woods as it mean war will be upon us, as the moon dyes red and the Heaven meets Hell and doom us all." Leviathan reads the writing out.

I can't help but blurt out, "You can actually read it?"

"Well, I can't expect an illiterate dumbass who can't even read straight to actually read this can I?" The demon's sharp tongue really knows how to deal a blow.

"Touché," I respond.

"Come on," he says.

"Where are we going?" I ask, following him out the door.

"To Addal, of course."

+——+——+——+——+——+
Sorry for the late update, thank you for reading