8

"Not for me tonight, I am afraid." You shake your head slightly. You have never exactly liked champagne and you do not wish to have to consume any tonight. "I do find it has such a horrible taste to it."

He seems a little taken aback by that, raising an eyebrow but helps himself to another. "If you do not want one then I suppose it is only more than I shall have."

"I do suppose so." You watch as he takes another and does not hesitate to drink it with incredible haste.

"You do not like champagne so much?"

"My brother drinks much of it. It means that I have also drank much of it and so I do no longer have an appetite for it."

"I do suppose too much of something can put you off it." He still offers you a wide grin but you can tell that he does enjoy his champagne and is disappointed you did not take some from him. "I am so sorry, remind me of your name."

"Oh, it is (Y/N). You are Benedict, see, I remember what you have told me, even if you do not recall what I have told you."

"Oh, yes, (Y/N). A wonderful name. A wonderful lady and a wonderful conversation but I am afraid that I can see my brother beckoning me, and so I must retreat before he pops a blood vessel." He takes your hand roughly and kisses it. "Goodbye."

What do you do now?

Speak to the stern man with the sideburns - 2

Speak to the boy with the girl with the ginger curls - 4

Or, if you have spoken to everyone - 11