▹ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

⌜                                       ⌝

CHAPTER NINE

⌞                                       ⌟

          ARTEMIS' head broke through the surface and she breathed heavily, eying the now retreating raiders

          ARTEMIS' head broke through the surface and she breathed heavily, eying the now retreating raiders. Her side was hurting were the AT-ST had managed to hit her, as she made her way towards the side of the pool.

"Artie!" Din exclaimed, running up to her and pulling her out of the water. "You are the most reckless, selfless, bravest person I know," he breathed, pulling her close to him. "And you scared the living hell out of me."

Artemis chuckled. "Someone's got to save your life."

Din's hands were on her waist but he pulled back as she winced at his touch.

"What's the —" he looked at his hand that was covered in blood.

"Right, I forgot to mention that," Artemis muttered.

Din didn't reply as he picked her up and carried her towards their hut. He placed her on their bed and turned around to open their first aid kid.

"Lift your shirt up," he said, but Artemis could detect the worry in it. "I need to have a look at it."

Artemis obeyed and removed her belt before lifting her shirt so that the blaster wound was revealed. She made sure to only lift it halfway so that her breasts weren't visible.

Because that would be awkward.

Din took the bacterial spray and some bandages before turning around and stopping dead in his tracks at the sight of Artemis exposed stomach.

"Are you going to stand there all day?" Artemis questioned him, a bit amused but mostly in pain.

Din snapped out of his thoughts and strode back to her. He knelt down and sprayed onto the wound, making a groan escape Artemis' lips.

"I'm sorry," Din quietly said, placing his hand on her knee. "It'll be over soon."

"I know," Artemis replied softly, placing her hand on top of his, giving it a gentle squeeze before letting go and taking the bandage.

"I'll do it," Din offered, taking the bandages from her.

"Thanks."

Din took off his gloves and proceeded to bandage the wound. To do that, he had to go all around her waist. He did so without thinking about it.

Artemis waited patiently, freezing once in a while as his hands brushed her skin, emitting sparks throughout her whole body.

When Din was finished, he did not removed his hands. Instead, he gently rubbed her waist.