First Date

Valentine's special?

I know its kinda late-

You had spent most of the day in your room with Kenma. The two of you played on your switches together, Mario cart, stardew valley and Minecraft. You accidentally skipped lunch so it was around half 3 pm

Kenma yawned and stretched his arms out. "Are you hungry?" you ask looking up to him. Kenma nodded back and stud from your bed "Want to go to a cafe or something?" You smile and nod.

The two of you had walked around for a bit trying to pick a place to eat at. The sun was starting to set as you had just noticed a cute market set up in the park, fairy lights, picnic benches and stalls selling all kinds of food, drinks and gifts.

Grabbing Kenmas hand tightly you dragged him to the park with a massive smile on your face "Here!" you shout looking around at the scenery. Kenma smiled at your enthusiasm and tightened his hand around yours so you didn't wander off without him.

"Look at these ones!" you shouted out to Kenma, pointing to a pair of keyrings. Kenmas eyes followed the direction you were pointing in. You smiled brightly "Do you like them?" you asked, turning your head to Kenma stud behind you, still holding your hand. He nodded slightly and looked around the market.

He noticed it had got busier in the past 15 minutes of looking around. "C-Can we come back later and just get food now" he mumbles, looking back to you. You raise an eyebrow and drop your arm, your smile slowly fading "Why? Someone might buy them first" He looks back to the crowd of people brushing past the two of you.

"I can save these for you in the back. So when you come back you can buy them?" A kind woman asks, taking the keyrings off the hangers and into a bag. You smile to her "Yes please! Thank you!" you shout as Kenma drags you away, holding your hand tightly.

Kenma had taken you to a cute little stall selling food. There were all sorts, Dango, cakes, pies, mochi, ramen and even filled Bentos. You practically drooled over the stall and you stud in line. Kenma still hadn't taken his hand off of yours. You looked up noticing his eyes were still wandering around the place.

"Are you ok?" you ask, squeezing Kenmas hand in reassurance. He looks down and tries to smile for you but looks back and behind at the people joining the queue. It was finally your turn to buy. "We'll get 2 Bentos and 2 apple pies please," you say with a sweet smile on your face, counting the money ready.

Kenmas pov

There are so many people around. I wouldn't have come if I knew it would be this busy. Still, I was with y/n and it seemed like she was enjoying herself... She was ordering the food, it's like she knew what I wanted. I wonder how many times she had practised her sentence in her head before speaking.

I helped her carry out food to a picnic bench. I chose one far away from the markets, making it a lot quieter and easier to hear her speak. "What was wrong? Too many people?" Y/n  asked looking up to me. She sat across from me at the table. I nodded and opened the bento and split my chopsticks.

"I'm sorry Kenma... I didn't know it was going to be that busy" she said looking down at her food and her unopened chopsticks. What do I say? It wasn't her fault and she had no reason to apologies either.

"It's ok" I reached over without thinking and split the chopsticks for her and passing them back. "Sorry I was quiet, it was hard to hear" Y/n giggled at me and opened her bento "It's ok! what did you think of the keyrings?"

Keyrings? Oh. The ones she was pointing to. They were in the shape of a love heart but split down the middle, so when you put them together they join. They were silver and on the back, there was 2 letters. K and [first letter of y/n].

I smiled and looked to her "We should get them. But put them where?" I asked as I took a mouthful of food. "Our school bags for now?" I nodded.

Regular pov

Kenma had seemed to calm down now. After eating you went shopping again, trying to make it quick as possible. The sun had set and it was finally dark, just the fairy lights on the stalls and a few lamposts leading out of the park. 

You had bought a few things such as keyrings, a blanket, a necklace and 2 small matching pillows. You dragged Kenma out of the market area and to a patch of dry grass. Kenma stud at the side watching you. You laid out the blanket onto the grass and put the 2 pillows down. Taking off your shoes and sitting on the blanket, you patted next to you for Kenma to join.

He slowly made his way over and took his shoes off. Laying down next to you on the soft blanket. You were both silent for a while as you both stared up at the stars together. Kenma turned his head to face you, he smiled at your relaxed face and looked back up. "Is this..a date?" he asks, stilling looking up to hide his obvious blush.

You smile to yourself and turn to your side to look at him. "If you want it to be" you smirk, watching him turn to you "I wouldn't mind..." he mumbled. Leaving you both blushing at each other's words. "We could have brought our switches" he says. You smile and sit up crossing your legs.

"I like it out here, it's peaceful and my eyes aren't burning from the blue screen" you giggle to yourself, reaching out to the grass beside you and plucking out a few daisies. Kenma watches you with curiosity, eyes glowing from the lights nearby. "You look cute Kenma" you say looking down at the daisies in your hands. His eyes widen as he looks at you "I do?"

You giggle and lift up the now made daisy chain and tight it to make a crown. leaning over you place it on Kenmas head "cuter" His cheeks turn bright pink as he watches your smile grow. "You'd look better," he says lifting the daisy chain off his head, sitting up and placing it on yours. "Pretty" he whispers to himself but loud enough for you to hear.

You lean in and give him a peck on the cheek "I like you a lot Kenma" you say, fiddling your thumbs and pink cheeks. Kenma's also blushing "me too y/n" You lean towards him, burying your head into his shoulder and wrapping your arms around his soft body. He slowly hugs you back, kissing the top of your head and resting his on yours..

Um Happy late valentines day! :)