Chapter Sixty

A/N: Welcome back to the second part of Bucky and Catherine's story! In honor of my story reaching 200,000 reads, I wanted to give you a new chapter. I have no idea how frequently I'll update given the fact that at this point the Falcon/TWS hasn't come out. I'll also have to watch each episode multiple times more than likely to see how to piece it into my story. For now, I'm going to keep the epilogue chapter in, but if I decide to change anything, I'll delete it. I really do hope you enjoy it though ❤️

Two Weeks after Endgame

"Bloody fucking hell!" Catherine yelled, slamming her phone on the kitchen counter.

Bucky and William both looked at one another, slightly alarmed by Catherine's word choice. A string of Russian cuss words followed her outburst. Whatever phone call she just had wasn't good.

"Will, why don't you go to your room while I...conciliate your mom." Bucky suggested.

"What does гребаный идиот (grebanyy idiot-fucking idiot) mean?" William asked standing up from the couch.

Bucky's eyes widened. "D-Don't say that. Please."

"But mom said it." The child argued.

"I know, but mom is an adult and you are not. Just give me a few minutes with her and then we can get ready for baseball practice?" He suggested.

Catherine leaned her elbows against the counter, hands buried in her face. She felt a warm hand on her lower back, knowing her husband was behind her.

"я удивлен, что ты все еще знаешь русский (I'm surprised you still know Russian)." Bucky whispered into her ear.

She stood up straight and turned around so she could face him. She could see the concerned look in face that hadn't gone away since the final battle with Thanos. Thanos. Even just thinking his name was enough to send her over the edge to a breakdown. Bucky noted the dark circles under her eyes, the hollowed out cheeks. She was a mess. A beautiful mess. Rightfully so. He wrapped his sturdy arms around her, pulling her close and she leaned her head against his chest.

"I had a good teacher." She attempted to joke.

Bucky smiled to himself. "Do you want to talk about your little outburst?"

Catherine sighed and took a step back from Bucky so she could look at him. "Not really, but I have to. I'm being court martialed. Well, technically all of us, but the United Nations picked me to stand trial."

"Court martial? Why?" He asked confused.

"The Sokovia Accords. Technically, the whole Thanos ordeal violated them. Every single one of us violated them. The United Nations wants to try us and see if us going against the Accords was worth it." Catherine explained.

Bucky scoffed. "Worth it? Really? This is how they repay us, by putting us on trial? What would happen if they say it was against the accords?"

Catherine looked down at the ground and then back at her husband. "We'll all be thrown in international prison. Rhodey and I may get off easy since we signed the accords. Peter is just a kid so he'll probably be sentenced to a juvenile federal prison for a few years. The rest of you are looking at life."

"When is the trial?" Bucky asked.

"A few days. In DC."

"I'm going with you."

"Absolutely not. You're number one on the list of people they want to incarcerate. Some people still believe that the Winter Solider poses a threat."

His jaw locked, body tensed at the mention of his former alias. Catherine may have forgiven him for his actions, but the world had not. He didn't know if he could ever walk down the street again without people giving him fearful looks. "Is there anything I can do?"