4 :: It Drives You Crazy Getting Old

The rumble of the car engine ceased and Pieck parked back on campus, settling in front of your dorm building. The click of Pieck unbuckling her seatbelt and slamming the car door behind you made you lurch from your daydream, finally noticing the halted vehicle. She had been kind enough to open your door for you before beginning to make her way up the shallow stone steps of the dorm building.

"Wait, Pieck, aren't we going to what's-his-face's party?"

"Eren's party? Dressed like this? Oh god, no."

You lightly jogged towards Pieck, joining her in entering the building and making your way up the building staircase inside.

"But aren't most frat parties pretty casual? My sister used to go to them a lot and always sent me pictures of her outfits. They were always super casual."

"Eren isn't just another frat boy hosting a mixer party. Most of his parties are semi-formals and pretty exclusive."

"Exclusive? Then how am I able to go?" You asked as you reached the final step leading to the second floor where your dorm room resided.

"Because you'll be with me." Pieck said with her signature lazy grin, which she paired with a slight head tilt. Her dark hair fell slack below her shoulders with her head tilting. "Be ready in twenty minutes, I'll come get you from your room. Do you need something to wear?"

"No, I think I have a good idea of something I could wear."

"Are you sure?" Pieck turned her palm upwards and pointed her forefinger towards you. "I have plenty of clothes, I can even do your hair for you. You would look so good with a slicked back style!"

"I'm okay, Pieck. Honestly. I'll see you in twenty."

She nods her head in affirmation as you twirl on your heels, carrying yourself down the quiet hallway to your dorm room and parting ways with your friend.

As you locked your door behind you and slid open your clothing drawers conveniently built under your bed, you rummaged through your assortment of clothes frantically. Strips of colorful cloth flew across the room, littering the ground, as you threw each clothing piece over your shoulder searching for the perfect thing to wear.

"Where is it?" You spat in a low whisper.

At this point, you had torn your dorm room apart. Drawers pulled, clothes lining the floors like intricate tiles, and even the shared dresser with Mikasa had been searched through. You glance at the clock on your side table. Thirteen minutes left until Pieck would drag you away.

As you sat on your bed, defeated, a silver glint caught your eye in a partially open shoe box placed neatly under your bed. This better be what I'm looking for. You thought as you got on your hands and knees, reaching for the black matte shoe box and lifting the lid.

There it was. The outfit you planned to reserve for special party occasions that your older sister had bought you as a graduation gift. The silver glistened in the poor, cheap lightbulb glow in your room, casting a barely noticeable disco-like shimmer over the walls.

Six minutes left remained as you posed in front of your body length mirror positioned by your desk. You had taken Pieck's light suggestion and slicked back your hair, which pulled back on your face slightly and elongated it more. You knew it wasn't very good for your scalp to do such a style, but it was only one night.

Your skin had been exceptionally cooperative within the past week, so you had forgone any sort of heavy makeup and instead opted for incredibly smoky deep green eyeliner and a bright inner corner. You had tossed the idea of lip balm, gloss, or lipstick out the window since you figured you'd be eating and drinking, or possibly even find another pair of lips to use for the night.