Recovery

Izuku's POV

   I quietly walked into the hospital room that Aika was in. Although Mirio-san and Aika didn't have much injuries, I still insisted them to get it checked out. Mirio-san recovered in just a few days, but Aika seemed to have a bit more to recover.

   After visiting Aika, I visited Sir Nighteye. Thankfully Sir Nighteye who was gravely injured managed to get better. Eri and I came to see him everyday, and I would sing him a recovery song in hopes that he would recover soon. Mirio-san and All Might still had some stuff they wanted to say to him after all. Besides, Sir Nighteye was a great person...I wouldn't want him to die.

   As I left the hospital room, Eri reached up, and I laughed as I picked her up. By now, everyone knows me as her adoptive dad, although I guess I'm not at the age to be a dad yet. Eri understood that it was a joke, but I said that I would be her father figure if she desired.

   "Dad...Do you have to go to class?" Eri asked, a hint of sadness in her voice.

   "Of course I do." Izuku smiled. "The other teachers and heroes will watch over you, and I come to see you every break, okay?"

 Eri nodded. 

   "Hmm...Before we go, let's go and see Uncle Katsuki and Uncle Shoto before they go to the provisional license training course." I said, and Eri nodded happily.

   Eri had gotten closer with my classmates, especially Todoroki, Kacchan, Momo, Mina, and Uraraka. I suppose it's because of their personality. Todoroki, Momo, Mina, and Uraraka were surprisingly good at taking care of children. I don't know how Eri came to get comfortable with Kacchan, but I only assumed it's because he brought Eri a lot of sweets after school.

   The only person Eri didn't like was Mineta, but I thought that was self explanatory.

   I walked quickly, and I had to admit, it as a bit hard to do so while caring Eri. She wasn't heavy so it wasn't a very hard task, but I was a bit scared that she might fall off.

   By the time we got back to the school campus, Kacchan and Todorki were already leaving for the training. I quickly walked over to them before they could leave and gave them an encouraging smile.

   "You guys do great today. I'm sure you'll be fine." I laughed remembering the look of nervousness Kacchan had on his face. 

   "Can you bring me more chocolate, Uncle Katsuki?" Eri asked, glancing at me for approval. I gave her a stern look, and she averted her eyes. "Just...a few pieces."

   I found myself smiling and patting her head as Eri said that. Eri smiled, giving Kacchan the puppy eyes, and I chuckled at her antics. 

   "Of course I will! Just wait for this uncle to come back, got it?" Kacchan smiled, giving Eri an aggressive pat on her head. He glanced at me. "Um...Is there anything you would like?"

   I looked at him blankly, a bit surprised by his question. As I started considering my options, Todoroki suddenly nudged me.

   "That's his way of trying to flirt." Todoroki whispered to me.

   I blushed a bit, but after seeing Kacchan get so flustered, my embarrassment soon was replaced with laughter. 

   "There isn't anything I'd like." I replied. "The only thing I want is to see you guys pass the Remedial course. Just don't cause any unnecessary trouble, would you Kacchan?"

   Kacchan blushed and nodded, a small pouty frown appearing on his face. Todoroki glanced at me and smiled, looking away. Soon, they had to get dragged away because they was taking too long. 

   "See you!" I yelled as I waved at them. "Good luck!"

   "Good luck!" Eri yelled after me. 

   After making sure that they have gone, I took Eri back towards the staff room. Before I could leave for the classroom, Mr. Aizawa stopped me.

   "Today you can have a break. You were working on your concert last night, right?" Mr. Aizawa said. "Aika has just been discharged. And we thought you guys deserved a break. Besides, Eri seems to get very bored while you guys are in class."

   "Wait, but Aika was still in the hospital when I visited her." I said.

   "Yes, that's true. But I heard that your sister threw a wild tantrum and refused to eat if they didn't let her go." Midnight laughed. "She has one unique spirit, alright."

   "Anyways, she'll be arriving shortly. You guys can have the week off." Mr. Aizawa said, leaving the staff room. "I need to be going now." 

   "Wait, so you can stay here with me?" Eri asked, a hopeful glimmer in her eyes. 

   "Yep! Dad can play with you all day!" I laughed as I lead her out of the staff room. "Let's go meet Auntie Aika."

   "Yay!" Eri smiled and urged me to walk faster. "Can we go and watch Uncle Katsuki and Uncle Todoroki do their training?"

   "Hmm...That depends." I replied. "They might not want us there."

   Eri nodded, and we waited for Aika to return from the hospital. Soon Aika came running from the entrance of the school with All Might and Present Mic walking behind her. 

   When Aika came close to us, she scooped up Eri into a tight hug and hugged me as well. She started complaining about the hospital, making Eri giggle. 

   "All Might, where are you going today?" I asked, recalling that there were some special plans that he talked about. "I heard that you weren't teaching today."

   "I was supposed to accompany Young Bakugou and Young Todoroki to their training today, but we were sent to pick up a certain young lady from the hospital." All Might laughed. "We'll be going to the training area shortly. Would you like to come with us?"

   "Really? Is that alright?" I asked.

   "Of course! It's not like you guys have classes right now anyways." Present Mic boomed. "Come on now. We might be too late."