Chapter 67

Veronica's POV

I thought I was done with school but now I will also have to attend summer school to save my grades.

I've been more distant with Derek, I'm still trying to process the situation and how to deal with it without losing him... I know what I feel for him.

I just don't understand how to deal with it.

I lock the main door and I leave my house when I notice Alexander coming to me.

He seems happy to see me.

"Hey," he says shortly and I greet him, taking a walk with him.

"I was looking for you, I really wanted to talk to you!" he exclaims and I smile.

"Yeah? Why?"

"Are you still seeing Derek? Haven't seen you around lately..."

"I am- but it's complicated," I admit.

We get to the park and we sit on a bench. I'm going to Shanice's house later, Derek stopped fighting with her and they sorted out everything.

"I told you about Derek-"

I cut him off. "He doesn't sell drugs, Alex," I hiss at him annoyed.

"And you believe him?"

"Remind me why you care? It's not your problem," I snap at him, he has been so clingy lately and I don't understand why.

"I told you. I think you deserve better," he mutters as he takes my hand into his and it takes me a few seconds to process what he is doing so I free my hand.

"Listen. We've been so close these months, and seeing you almost die made me realize that..."

"I kinda like you," he blurts out and I let out a muffled laugh, thinking he must be joking. Alexander, 'the player' likes me?

The guy who doesn't fuck the same girl twice?

"I'm not kidding."

"I'm dating Derek," I say and he laughs.

"Remember when I said falling in love was gonna be the death of you?" I nod, still thinking he was dramatic.

"I think the problem is just Derek. He is lying to you. He doesn't care about you and he is still seeing Olivia," he says and I laugh, I know Olivia hits on him all the time, Derek told me. And it's my fault she isn't stopping, but I'm trying to protect Derek.

I know if I tell Derek he will do something he is going to regret and piss them off even more.

"And how do you know that?"

"I saw them kiss," he says and I frown, then I let out a nervous smile. It's not true.

I don't know what Alex is trying to do, but he is lying.

"Listen, I have to go to Shanice now. We will talk about this another time," I lie.

~

I hold Derek's hand and I can stop thinking about what Alexander told me... his confession, claiming that Derek is lying to me and kissing Olivia behind my back. No, there is no way.

We get to Shanice's house and the house is fuller than I expected it to be?

Olivia, Dominic, James are all here and Alexander comes soon after we arrive.

I let go of Derek's hand when I see them and he seems slightly disappointed. I do this way too often and he hasn't said anything about it but he noticed...