Adjusting

-3rd Person POV-

"So let me get this straight"  Doc spoke, holding up his hand.  Y/N and Caveira, still in each others bodies, sat in HQ's medical wing, waiting to see what Doc would make of their situation.  "You two...switched bodies?"  he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yep"  Y/N and Caveira responded in unison. 

"And I know you two aren't messing with me because?"  Doc prompted.  Caveira, from Y/N's body, growled.

"Because, you stupid idiota!  Why the hell would we take a joke this far?!"  she snapped, ending up inches away from Doc's face.  Y/N, from Caveira's body, instantly got up, and held Caveira back, finding it difficult to do so, as his build was rock solid.

"I apologize for her outburst, Doc"  Y/N spoke.  "We're both just seriously freaked out right now"  he admitted, wrapping his arms around her.  Doc smiled when he saw the gesture.  Putting in his mind that he'll help, even if they were just messing with him, he sighed, looking at Caveira.

"Alright, I'll help you guys out.  Cav, I need-"

"Um, I'M Caveira"  Caveira spoke, raising her hand.  Doc saw Y/N raise his hand, and cocked his head in confusion.

"What?" 

"We switched bodies."  Y/N reminded Doc, speaking from Caveira's body.  "I'm in Cav's body, and she's in mine."  Doc slowly nodded, rubbing his temples with his hands.

"This is confusing as hell"  he muttered.

"Tell me about it"  Caveira smirked.  Doc sighed, turning to Caveira, in Y/N's body.

"Caveira, I need to know what happened.  Were you two exposed to anything, or ingested anything alien?"  Doc asked.  Y/N and Caveira both exchanged nervous glances before looking back to Doc.

"Ya hit the nail on the head there, Doc"  Y/N spoke.  Caveira nodded.

"On last night's mission, we were exposed to the fumes of some new kind of chemical that the white masks were developing.  We ingested some of it's fumes, and it made us pretty lethargic."  she informed.

"As well as frequent migraines"  Y/N put in.  Doc scratched his chin in thought.  After a minute, he left the medical room, and returned with a clipboard.  Looking over the various papers on the clipboard, he nodded to himself, and called Y/N and Caveira over.

"Alright, there is a way for me to see what exactly is going on with you two, as well as figure out the best way to address and, hopefully, reverse it.  It'll take time, though."  he mentioned, leading the two into a new room in the medical wing.

"Fancy tech"  Y/N noted as they walked by various machinery.

"Still wonder to this day how they fit all this in here"  Doc wondered aloud as Y/N and Caveira sat down.

"So what's this plan?"  Caveira asked.  Doc locked eyes with her for a second before responding.

"Well...Caveira?"  he asked, pointing to her.  Caveira, in Y/N's body, nodding, confirming it was, in fact, her.  "Well, Caveira, and Y/N, I'm gonna put you both through a brain scan as well as an MRI"

-1 hour later-

As he and Caveira sat, waiting for the results of the tests to come in, Y/N tried to devise a way for both of them to pass of as each other.  Doc informed them that if there was a way to reverse the effects of the chemical, it could take some time.  Therefore, Y/N was sorting out how he'd act as Caveira for as long as he needed.  Thankfully, he and Caveira were dating, so there wouldn't be any awkward situations.  Hopefully.