Forty-seven

Ares

"I don't trust him," I said out loud. 'He sounded like he really wanted to talk.' Malik said. "I'll be right there. I won't let anything happen to you two." My grandfather said once I stopped the car. I looked over at the old tree our grandfather used to bring us to when we were kids.

I watched as Pablo turned to face us from where he stood under the tree.

I sighed before stepping out of the car

I sighed before stepping out of the car. I walked up the small hill standing a few feet away from Pablo. "I said to come alone," Pablo said.

"Did you really expect me to do that?" I asked. He hummed before chuckling. "I guess not." He said. "You asked to speak, so speak," I said. "I don't want to fight you." He said. I huffed rolling my eyes. "Why? Scared I'll actually win?" I said.

Pablo fell silent. "Ares, whether you believe me or not I want you to know I am sorry." He paused. "I'm sorry for how I treated you when we were younger. I'm sorry for trying to—" "Kill me." I finished for him.

"Yes, I'm sorry," Pablo said. I shook my head. Years had gone by and not once did he ever apologize but now he wanted to. I thought. 'Just hear him out.' Malik said. "What happened? Did something happen to Ahsha? Or the baby? Did you hurt—"

"No. No, they're fine." He said. "Then why the random apology? Are you trying to trick me?" I asked. "Ares, let him speak." Our grandfather said. "I hated you growing up. I hated having to share a body with you. Something always felt off about it." Pablo said.

"What does this have to do—" "Grandmother, she always said it was for the best that we made sure you were never in control for too long." He said. "Grandmother? You want to talk about her right now?" I questioned.

I always knew my grandmother was never too fond of me compared to how she was with Malik or Pablo. She rarely spent time with me and when she did, it always felt like she'd rather be anywhere else.

"She said you wouldn't know how to handle that much power and you would hurt people because you had no self-control," Pablo explained.

I looked down, a dry chuckle leaving my lips. Hearing how my grandmother felt about me stung but she never really knew me to begin with so her opinion of me was irrelevant. "Nice to finally hear how she really felt about me," I said. Pablo shook his head taking a step towards me but stopped when I stood looking at him defensively. "I know she was wrong about you now." He said. I stared at him unable to speak. "Ahsha kind of went off on me about how I treated you and she was right." He said looking away from me.

"She kept saying that I didn't know the full story." He paused looking up at me. "What the fuck is this?" I asked. "Why are you telling me all of this?" I questioned. "You were never supposed to share a body with Malik and me." He said.

I rolled my eyes turning to leave. "Ares just stop and listen to what he has to say. If not for him or yourself do it for Ahsha because it's obvious that she's the reason behind this little meeting even happening." Our grandfather said.