XIII

dream pov

large stone pillars lined both sides of the long, spacious room. the marbled flooring reflected objects such as the ornate light fixture that hung overhead.

i stood, my feet planted firmly on the ground, next to a sizeable, intricate throne. the silver frame was draped with different shades of blue fabric.

the king was seated to my side, on said throne. one of his legs folded over the other, his hands firmly gripping the armrests.

resting my right hand on the scabbard of my sword, i stared straight ahead.

george had asked that i stay with him during his meeting with wilbur this evening, afraid of a sudden outburst from the l'manburg citizen.

so there i was, keeping guard, ready to neutralise any disagreements. punz and sapnap waiting across the room at the double doors.

the clock ticked by, and i was starting to become anxious of the time. i didn't want to be late to see y/n again.

a loud set of knocking echoed through the room, the two guards across opened the doors to reveal a tall brunette and an older blond.

as they entered, sapnap slipped through the doors and left. confusion waved over me briefly until george spoke.

the two men had walked down the hall and were now bowing before the king.

"welcome mr. minecraft, mr. soot. it's been some time."

"it has indeed, i hope you've been keeping well." philza rose back up, smiling at george.

wilbur followed his fathers actions, giving the king a forced smile.

"may i inquire why you requested to see us? the usual meeting isn't scheduled for another few weeks." wilbur's eyes focused on george, who shifted in his seat.

"ah yes- that's because it isn't about those matters- it's about your citizen count." george clasped his hands together, leaning his elbows on his knees and staring straight down at the two guests.

my eyes widened behind my mask, my gaze turning to look at my friend who sat with a serious expression.

wilbur's eyes quickly shifted to phil, then back to the king.

"i don't quite understand what you mean- i gave you the month before lasts records-"

"they don't seem to be accurate anymore. don't lie to me, wilbur."

phil rested a gloved hand on his sons shoulder, squeezing it firmly.

"one of my guards informed me of an, illegal, resident." george stated.

fucking sapnap.

wilbur's head whipped around to face me, utter displeasure plastered on his features. phil noticed this and held his arm tightly, whispering something into the taller males ear.

letting out a breathy sigh, the tall brunette composed himself, looking up at the amused man  sitting on the throne.

"look- g- your highness, i was going to bring that up with you the next time we met-"

"silence wilbur."

wilbur shut his mouth, grinding his teeth together.

"i will let the issue slide- just the once- as i have a favour to ask of you." george adjusted himself, sitting upright.

the l'manburgian gave the king a confused look, waiting for him to announce said favour.

"i am throwing a ball within the next week, to celebrate the change of seasons as i usually do- i need you to inform your people- and the neighbouring lands, of it." george raised an eyebrow, waiting on a reaction.

phil looked to wilbur, nodding at him.

"you wish for my people to attend?" wil asked, fumbling with his hands.

"everyone above the age of sixteen, yes."

after a brief hesitation from the tall man, he nodded once.

"alright then."

george smiled smugly, clapping his hands together.

"perfect, i will send you over the details- punz!" george shouted, grabbing the attention of the blonde, hooded male across the room.

"see our guests out please."

he nodded and guided wilbur and philza out, shutting the doors as they left.

george and i were the only ones left in the room, my eyes shifted to the clock that hung by the doors. i bowed to the king and began to walk away. maybe if im quick i can make it in time.

"ah- dream. where are you going?" i turned around to face the king, a frown evident on his face.

"i am off duty now, am i not?" i asked, the brunette sliding his glasses up onto his head.

"no. im going to be needing you here tonight."

a/n- 21k lets go!! tysm honestly it means the world.
i hope you're enjoying the story so far- please vote and comment and if you wanna support me further consider following my tiktok @/fizzykneecaps