ch.13

secrets

   "hey! we got your stuff." maggie yelled, causing me to shoot a confused look towards lori, who brushed it off quickly.

   "maggie, hang on, please." glenn pleaded, only to be ignored more by the angry woman, my eyes shifted to the blood on both glenn and maggie, sending worry through my body.

   "we got your special delivery, right here." maggie sneered getting closer to lori, causing me to try and step in between them, "woah, maggie."

   my words were ignored as she continued, throwing things all over the place, "we got your lotion, got your conditioner, your soap opera digest."

my eyes shifted to glenn who was already looking at me, shaking his head for me to stay out of the drama.

"next time you want something get it your damn self. we're not your errand boys" maggie started, only pausing to grab something out of the bag, "and here's your abortion pills."

i watched as she threw the pills to loris feet, making my eyes widen in shock before quickly bending down to grab them, hoping nobody saw.

maggie stormed away fast enough so we didn't get the chance to say anything. i softly handed the pill to lori, who was frozen from shock.

she took them from my hand, quickly stepping away from the two of us as she headed towards her tent.

my head turned to glenn giving him a questioning look, "that was not cool" he grunted, taking his ball cap off.

i scoffed, "that was awful"

glenn rubbed the back of his head, keeping his eyes on me, "i should've gone alone, i didn't expect she'd get attacked. we'd already been there once."

i took a step near him, gently placing a hand on his arm, "was it bad?" i questioned, earning a head shake, "no, only one. i guess it scared her, they haven't seen the city."

i nodded, pulling him into a hug as i snaked my arms around his neck, nuzzling my head into the crook. "i'm glad you're okay, both of you, even though she acted like a bitch. we all have our reasons."

he slowly pulled away, wanting to see my face. "what?" i questioned, realizing he had been staring at me for a long time.

he shrugged, leaning down to plant a soft kiss on my lips before releasing me from his grip fully.

"i should probably go apologize to lori, you wanna come?" he questioned, only to be shut down, "i'm gonna keep dale company on watch, i'll see you at lunch."

he nodded before leaving me alone, heading in the direction to find lori. not long after, i slowly made my way to the rv, getting pissed every now and then because of my foot.
___________

me and dale stood by the tree, feeding ourselves as we watched over the group, who was oddly silent.

my eyes shifted to glenn, who must've been already looking in my direction. i gave him a nod, hoping he would tell the rest of the group.

he nodded back, getting up from his seat to make himself shown in front of the group. "um, guys" he started, taking his hands out of his pockets, "so... the barns full of walkers."

everyone's attention turned towards him, expressions mixed with confusion, anger, and frightened all looked to him.

in the blink of an eye, we were all now in front of the barn. no one hesitated to wait before checking it out.