THIRTY FIVE

Dabi: Got some stuff I have to do. See you tonight.

I giggled to myself, remembering him begging and pleading that one night over how he was going to text me more often. This was a start. It was nice to know he was just going to be gone for the day.

I had work anyways.

My job was hanging by a string. I had missed so many days I should've been fired weeks ago.

The only reason I was still working at the hospital was because of my famous mother. If she wasn't such a prestigious and respected doctor among the community, that people were intimidated by, they would've dropped me.

Part of me didn't really care. Which was surprising.

I used to like my job. Helping people. Healing people. Making people happy.

But now it just felt like a chore. I had felt adrenaline rushes like never before in these past two months that made these everyday routines make my brain numb.

No one really talked to me anymore at the hospital either because I was always so spaced out. It had only been a couple days since Seiko punched Dabi, and I hadn't seen them since. They still had Suki and Kenma.

I didn't know what I was doing here. What I wanted. Everything felt so confusing lately.

"____?"

I looked up from my phone, "Yeah?"

The nurse from the opposite side of the desk handed me a clipboard, "Uh, this girl came in with an injury. But she asked to see you... specifically?"

Huh?

I shoved my phone in my bag under the table and stood up, following my coworker to the room. This type of thing never happened so I was very confused.

"I'll leave you to it." The nurse stated before walking away.

The girl sitting on the hospital bed turned her head and gave a small smile and wave, "Hey!"

"Zoe?" I questioned, walking in front of her to assess the situation and also wrap my head around what was going on.

How did she— Of course. Shigaraki probably knows my shift schedule somehow.

"I hope it was cool for me to ask for you." She stated. holding on to her upper arm which now was wrapped in bandages.

"Sure." I moved her hand and looked at the wrapping which had blood soaking through it, "What happened?"

Zoe gave an uncomfortable laugh, "I dozed off on the couch and Toga swiped at me."

My eyes widened, "Like, she cut you? Why the hell would she do that? Were you fighting?"

I began unwrapping the bandages to see how deep the cut was. Also in the back of my mind I was wondering if Shigaraki was here since they were dating.

Zoe's eyebrows furrowed, "You don't know how her quirk works?"

I shook my head confused.

The cut was somewhat deep. Actually about the same depth as the one Dabi had on his side the day we met.

"Whoever's blood she ingests allows her to take the physical form of that person as well as copy their voice." Zoe looked down at her wound, "She likes to save up tubes of blood to use for later in case she needs them for certain situations. I guess this time she wanted mine. I don't know why."

My face twisted up as I began to use my quirk to heal up the slice, "That sounds extremely dark, but also a powerful quirk. I'm sure it helps when it comes to the police."