𝟔𝟕 - 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

A/N

Okay, here were are. I would recommend getting comfortable, this is the longest chapter yet, almost 9k words woops. I really do hope you enjoy, your comments mean the world to me and always make me smile, I appreciate you guys so much (I'll stop talking I'm sorry but ily)

TW - A lot of violence, angst, emotional rollercoaster really.

Morning was breaking over Coruscant.

I stood out on the temple landing pad, atop of a crate that held supplies in front of the freighter that was being readied for the journey ahead.

I overlooked the crowd, the team that had assembled to assist us on the mission. To help take down Palpatine.

When I first saw them all walking out towards Anakin and I only minutes ago, he had to physically close my mouth after my jaw dropped at the sheer number of people willing to help our cause.

Now I settled, hands on my hips, surveying the familiar faces that looked back up at me, waiting for my command.

The first few faces I could see included those of Ahsoka and Obi-Wan of course. And Obi-Wan's battalion the 212th were there. Also the 501st, Rex smirked at me, Fives, Echo, Jesse, Hardcase, Dogma - all of them. Their blue decorated helmets tucked under their arms.

This mission wasn't on record, the council would disagree with taking such a risk with such large numbers but still there were several Jedi willing to join us. Kit Fisto, Aayla Secura, Plo Koon and Shaak Ti were among some of them. Even people from outside the temple, outside of Coruscant, had been rallied to join us.

Bo-Katan Kryze along with other Mandalorians came for their shot at the empire. Wookies and Gungans, species from all planets had arrived. It was overwhelming, the fact that all these people were willing to put their lives at risk so easily with no questions asked.

They trusted me, when I wasn't even sure if I trusted myself.

"Right. We are gonna need more ships" I muttered under my breath.

I turned to tell Anakin that we would need more supplies to match the numbers but as I did, someone caught my eye.

"Padme? what are you doing here?!"

She grinned back up at me with a pleased look across her face "well I've come to help of course" she replied like it was obvious, gesturing to the blaster in her hand.

Looking down at her and all my other friends that I had gotten to know so well and who had been so welcoming to me from the very beginning, I couldn't shake the feeling of guilt that panged through my body.

What if this all went wrong?

Anakin saw how my face had dropped, his hand brushed along my arm from where he stood next to me on the crates "hey. They are here because they chose to be"

I turned my head to face him him, offering him a weak smile "I know. I- I'm scared. Not of Palatine just...of losing everyone" I spoke quietly to him.

"It's going to be okay. Right now, these people need a leader, and they're looking to you sweetheart, try and be strong for them like you always are. I'm right here"

I nodded, raising my hand to his cheek then turned back to the gathered crowd.

"Okay! the coordinates received are pointing us in the direction of the planet Malachor. The empires base on Mustafar has been completely abandoned so we can only assume this new planet is where they have fled to, Palpatine included"