Chapter 31 - Anthony/Racetrack

- Chapter 31 - Meet Racetrack Higgins -
Warnings: None, unless fluff counts
Third Person POV

Anthony sat on the couch next to JoJo.

He and JoJo were talking, barely, while they played with one of their soulmates hair.

Anthony was playing with Albert's hair, and JoJo was playing with Mike's.

Mike, Spot, and Albert sat on the floor, talking through this.

"Why in CandyLand is your hair so soft?" Anthony mumbles, causing a few boys to laugh.

"You're hair is soft, too." Albert responds.

"And how would you know that?" Anthony questions, tilting his head to the side a bit.

"Helping you fall asleep from nightmares and the dreaded," Anthony rolls his eyes, knowing what was coming. "ear drops."

"I have solved it!" Henry exclaims, walking into the room. "I know what Anthony likes to eat!" He announces.

"Other than French bread?" Spot questions.

Henry nods. "This ones a little less healthy than that." He chuckles.

He pulls a candy-cane out of his back pocket.

"Ooh." Anthony perks up. "He's solved it."

The boys in the room laugh.

Henry hands Anthony the candy-cane.

Anthony looks up at him.

Henry chuckles, nodding.

Anthony unwraps the candy-cane, handing a piece to JoJo, who had perked up as well.

They both stuck part of the candy-cane in their mouth, before they handed the other part to Albert.

Albert chuckles, placing the third of the candy-cane that he got into his mouth.

"It's like a candy-cane eating ritual." Ike jokes, sitting down across from his twin.

Mike shoots Ike a look, silently begging for help.

He was on the verge of passing out; he was so tired, and JoJo playing with his hair wasn't helping at all.

Ike chuckles.

Boots walks into the room. "You know how Anthony does track? And sometimes, he and Smokes will run around the abandoned racetrack?" He questions.

The boys in the room nod.

"Well," Boots grins. "I have a Newsie name for him." He announces.

Some of the boys in the room perk up.

"What is it?" Romeo questions, standing in the doorway and leaning against the doorframe.

"This also works cause he used to go to Sheepshead a lot." Boots adds. "The name is Racetrack." He makes a rainbow with his hands.