6 - Werewolf in the woods

Remus gave you a look when he saw Sirius storm away. You sent him a confused look back but continued to gather the rest of your belongings as class was slowly being dismissed. Upon seeing your reaction to Sirius's ways Remus followed suit and strode towards your desk before you could leave. 

"What was that all about?" He asked, not sure if he was more concerned for you or Sirius. 

"He kept banging on about the forest, he kept making me promise that I wouldn't go there tonight." As you spoke your words Remus seemed to tense up it was like he was worried about something. "I go out to the woods most night, why would he care about tonight?"

"Uh - well there are dangerous creatures out there -" 

"There are dangerous creatures out there every night." You replied as you swung your bag over your shoulder. "Why would he care about tonight specifically?" 

Knowing he couldn't just tell you his secret he decided to let you win and just dismiss the entire conversation. "You know Sirius, he switches his emotions faster than the defence against the dark arts teachers are replaced." 

"You're right about that." Huffing, the two of you left the class. "Wanna head to the library? We have a free lesson."

"Of course." Remus smiled, opening the door for you so you could both head upstairs to the library. 

Meanwhile, Sirius was storming off to the owlery. He clutched the letter you'd given him in his hand but stopped before he could reach the entrance. Looking down at the one you'd written to Regulus. Anger flooded his veins as he kept staring at your handwriting which read his brother's name. He knew throwing it away wouldn't end well on his part but at the moment he didn't care. Making sure no one was walking up the stairs or could see him, he began to rip the letter into little shreds before throwing the scraps of parchment off the building. He rolled his eyes at the sight of the parchment before handing his letter to his owl and handing your owl the letter you'd written to your Dad. 

"Are you okay Remus?" You and Remus were sat in the library with your books open, starting some revision for your upcoming o.w.ls. "You seem a little out of it today." 

"Hmm?" He jumped slightly at your words. "Yes, I'm fine just a little on edge." 

"About?" You questioned. 

"Just the exams." He lied, tearing his gaze away from the window. 

"We've got a while yet." You let out a small laugh and he did the same. 

"I know," He let out a sigh of relief. "I just worry." 

"I understand." You sent him a smile back. "You're the smartest one in your group so I'm sure you'll pass with flying colours." 

"Thank you (y/n)." He smiled again. "Did Sirius say anything else during the lesson?"

"Oh, he gave me back my letter, the one I wrote to my Dad. Apparently, he gathered all the pieces together and put it back together for me. Although he said it was your idea." Your tone dropped as you finished your sentence. 

"My idea?" He was taken back by your words. "I didn't tell him to do that ..." Remus had now clicked on that Sirius had lied to you about the letter. Remus knew that despite how evil Sirius wanted to act towards you there was something deep down in him that wanted to do the right thing, especially when it came to Jackie bullying you. It was like something in him wanted to protect you from the wicked witch of Hogwarts but never wanted to show it.

"But he said you did -" 

"And you believe him?" He raised his brows, a smirk playing at his lips. "Now when did you ever believe Sirius Black?"