Chapter 3~ Work

{Edited}

~Cinder Pov~

I can't believe he let another guy kiss him on the cheek! I struggled to restrain myself from going inside that café and literally ending that humans life. Somehow keeping my composure.

Soon. Soon I'll have put my claim on Zack. I have spent nearly 100 years searching for my beloved. Hoping that he'd one day appear. And finally, here he is in the human world. I honestly stopped looking for 20 years, focusing on my kingdom instead but the need for a queen was becoming evident by how restless I was and the citizens of my kingdom.

And if you have done your math well...yes, I am exactly 120 years old. Obviously in vampire years, for a human I would simply be 20 years old. Quite simple math. Maybe..

————

~Zack's pov~

It's another new day, well not really new since I'm waking up to do the same stuff I have been doing for the last month or so. The only thing that has changed is that I now have someone to actually message outside of work. Yeah, my life is not all that exciting.

And that someone is really the best. From what I remember, Luis would always stick up for me whenever I was bullied. He's a very good friend to have.

Enough of the little memories, I'm in the middle of getting ready for work. I finish tucking in my shirt and grab all of my essential items form the dresser, heading outside while locking the door and entering my car.

30 minutes later

I arrive at my work and walk inside, passing by a couple of costumers to get into the small back room. I quickly clock in and get to working, taking some boxes out of the back room and into the main showroom and just restocking all the items.

"Hi Zack!" Comes a sweet voice, I look over at the register to see Sofia, one of my coworkers. I guess she's working the cash register today, thank god I won't have to be in charge of the register today. Too much pressure for me.

I wave at her and walk back into the back room, grabbing another box this time of some shirts. Why do we even keep ordering shirts? We can't even sell the ones that are already on display. Asking for twenty-five dollars for a shirt is just ridiculous.

Either way, I keep on restocking everything to keep myself busy, that is until Sofia comes over to me. "Hey, Zack...wanna go to lunch with me? It's our lunch break." She smiles.

"Actually it's your lunch break, mine isn't till another hour." I reply while not stopping on the restocking.

Sofia scoffs, grabbing my arm and tugging me away from the boxes. "Oh come on, I'm sure the manager won't mind if you take your lunch break early."

I look at her like if she's crazy but end up giving in. She is the manager after all. Plus I am actually hungry..didn't get to eat this morning.

I allow her to tug me out of our workplace, leaving one of the other coworkers in charge. Sofia and I end up at subway, waiting in line to order food.

"So, Zack, do you have a girlfriend?" She asks me suddenly, catching me completely off guard.

"Uhh no." I answered sheepishly, the question really making me feel awkward.

Sofia seemed to be pleased at my answer, it took me a minute but I realized why she asked that. I internally sigh, cursing myself out for attracting such cute girls. I really don't want to break their hearts but I just am not into girls. And I don't even know why they end up falling for me?

Soon enough it's our turn to order, it didn't take long for our food to be ready and we were quickly sitting at a table with the yummy food. Peacefully eating and enjoying the slight rumble of people talking or walking by.

"We should eat together more often." Sofia smiles at me and takes a sip of her drink.

I shrug, "It's nice to eat with a friend, but us together will be hard since our lunch breaks are completely different. Today you were lucky that I agreed to having lunch together." I take a bite of my sandwich, happily easing down my hunger.

"Zack, I umm..I really like you." Sofia said in a soft voice, it was almost difficult to hear but I managed to catch her words.

I set my sandwich down, scratching the back of my neck. "Uhh I'm sorry Sofia, but I can't. You are an amazing girl, very sweet and funny, any guy would be lucky to have you. Really. But I'm...I'm gay."

Sofia really is amazing. A bubbly personality, very beautiful with her freckles and curly hair, she's an absolute doll. Any guy would be lucky to have this girl.

I didn't get a reply from her, so I awkwardly got up from my seat and decided to head back to work. Taking a quick stop at the restrooms.

No reply...she most likely was shocked from me coming out to her. I wonder if I'll be fired? Nah, Sofia isn't like that. It'll just take time for her to process this information.

I lean against one of the sinks in the restroom, letting out a loud sigh while looking down at the strikingly bright white sink.

"You did good." A voice says behind me.

I quickly turn around and see someone standing there by the door. Odd, I didn't hear the door open, usually all the restroom doors make a loud creaky noise, but back to this guy.

I look him up and down, keeping myself on edge. This guy looks very sketchy, having a hoodie on and his clothing a bit loose fitting: gives the vibes of some mugger.

"Can I help you m-mister?" I try asking, keeping my voice calm yet failing at the end. The guy takes a hand out of his pocket, a sigh leaving my lips since he doesn't have a weapon in that hand. Instead he pulls his hoodie back, revealing his face to me.

I take this moment to examine this guy, making sure to remember everything I can about his appearance in case if I need to file a report. His hair...it was nicely slicked back silver hair that seemed to shine in the light of the restroom, and he had a very pale complexion. And...his eyes...was that even humanly possible?

Eyes the color of rubies.
----------

Hope you like.