24| The Saiki's Spring Break and video games

3rd Person P.O.V

Spring Break was here, and Saiki's parents knew that the best way to spend a week off was visiting Kusuo's grandparents. Despite that, Kusuo didn't seem too happy about their modes of transportation.

'Did we really have to ride a train for an hour and take a two-hour flight and then another two-hour train and finally a 45-minute bus trip? It would have been faster if I had just teleported.' 

Kusuo thought as his parents surveyed the barren land, his mother feeling nostalgic upon seeing her homeland. 

"It a beautiful place, honey, but we should have Kusuo teleport us when we go back. It's too much of a hassle to travel all the way here," Kusuo's father, Kuniharu, said to his wife.

His wife, Kurumi, shook her head and replied, "We can't do that, my parents don't know about Kuu's powers, remember?"

Because they had yet to tell their relatives about Kusuo's psychic powers, they all agreed to travel back home without using Kusuo's psychic abilities. Then they began a long walk toward the grandparents' home.

"Wow, Kusuo, you've grown so much!" Upon arriving, the first thing Kusuo's grandmother did was mention was his height. 

Her full name was Kumi Saiki, and many people pointed out that she looked too young for her age. Her cheery personality contradicted her husband's, who grumbled upon being called. 

"Honey, guess who's here! Kurumi and her family, so come say hello," Kumi led her daughter's family toward another room and slid the door open to reveal an elder man reading a newspaper.

"What a pain, I can't even read the newspaper with all this noise," he grumbled.

"Hi dad, it's been a while," Kurumi happily skipped toward her father as he began a series of scowls.

"Hmph, what's the point in visiting?"

Kurumi was unaffected by his cold demeanor, so Kuniharu gathered the courage to greet his father-in-law.

"Hey there dad, it's great to see you."

The grandfather, however, turned to glare at him and yelled, "Who the heck are you?! Get lost!"

Kuniharu made a hurt expression, and he silently wept while staying far from the old man.

"Aw, don't mind him, He's actually been expecting you for weeks!" The grandmother smiled and revealed the truth, so her husband stood up and left the room.

Kusuo took a seat at the table and quietly listened to his relative's thoughts, including his grandfather who had just left the room.

The psychic made a mental thought to himself.

'If I had to describe my grandfather, it would be that he's difficult to deal with. I don't like using this word, but he falls into the 'tsundere' category.'

From the other room, the grandfather had a joyous expression as he eavesdropped on his wife's conversation with Kusuo's family.

'Agh, I wish they'd visit more often!' 

The old man smiled as he tried to prevent himself from returning to the table and joining the conversation.

"So, how long do you plan to stay?" Kumi, the grandmother asked.

"I only took two days off, so we can stay for one night," Kusuo's father replied to her question, and Kurumi nodded in agreement.

In the other room, a certain grandfather scratched the wall in seething anger, furious that his grandson and daughter would only stay for one day because of that man's fault.