~ 60 ~

They stopped talking and I could feel the cold air brush against my skin. I looked up as the sky got darker and darker. Was it gonna rain? The thought of rain brought back a memory. A memory of how it all began. That one night when the ship drowned with everyone on it except for Yoongi and me. I hadn't even thought about it, how everyone had died. I had only paid attention to the sirens and to my own worries.

I felt a small raindrop fall onto my hand, eventually being followed by more raindrops. They got heavier as minutes passed by. Why wasn't Jungkook here? I was 99% sure that he knew where I was. Did he know that I was playing for bait? Did he know the fate that would get on his path if he would come here? I doubted it. Jungkook's ego and pride was too big for him to be scared or to be hiding. He was gonna be here soon, I was sure of that.

Out of nowhere I saw Jungkook walking towards me, anger in his eyes while punching away the leaves that were slapping him in the face softly. "You thought it would be that easy? Huh?! You can't escape from me, even if it would take me years to find you. There won't be a day where you won't be scared because I could be right there at any second-"

He suddenly stopped talking as the hand that had grabbed onto my arm let go slowly. He fell on his knees as he looked at his chest. A knife was thrown into his body. It was Violet's. I kept my eyes on his face as I watched him panic for the first time in my life. His eyes slowly met mine again as we were now on the same eye level. He tried to talk but no words came out. Shortly after that another knife got thrown in his stomach. This time it being Jimin's knife. Jungkook now fell down onto his side, his head facing me. He started to have trouble to breathe and was gasping for air to fill his lungs.
"I think you're wrong about that, you see.. You will die within a minute." I kneeled beside him and held onto the knife that had landed in his stomach. I twisted it to see him in more pain. He screamed and grabbed onto my leg. He squeezed it so hard that I almost couldn't feel my leg anymore. I kicked his hand off me and pulled the knife out of his stomach. "Goodbye, Jeon Jungkook." And with those words I slit his throat. Dead. Immediately stopped breathing. I had never felt so satisfied. I wasn't a killer, but killing someone who had ruined my life in so many ways felt so good. I had gotten rid of him. I could go back to my home and live my fucking life again. A tear slipped over my face as I looked at Jungkook's dead body. I stood up and looked at the others, who almost looked like they wanted to celebrate his death. Not that I didn't feel the exact same way. It was done. I was safe now.

This is the end of this book. Some might like it, some might not.. but it's the most realistic. I took a long time to think about this and whether this was the time to end it or not, but it was. Thank you for reading and for your sweet words about this book. Love u - Anne