chapter 5

"How are you so sure you're my dad?"

His eyes open wide.

Fuck Hayley why did you do that.

"Well your mother told him that we had sex that day but my brother wanted to make sure. We both did a test and it tested positive for me."

"Wait both of you?"

"Yes. They didn't do anything he just wanted to be sure we would get the same paper. At least I think they didn't. I hope they didn't." he dries his tears and laughs.

Why? You did such a shitty move David. Faking your death. If I was her I would fuck your brother, record it and send it to you. That way I would show you that you've fucking hurt my feelings.

"Hayley?" he says walking over to me.

"Uh sorry" I sigh. "I got lost in my thoughts. Um... well... this is awkward."

"I could leave if you want me to" I just wanted to see how you are and Nyle wouldn't let me see you."

*knock knock*

"Come in"

"Madam I just wanted to make sure you don't need anything" Emma says and I laugh.

"Why would you call me madam?"

I get up from my chair.

"I should go. I'm sorry to bother you-"

"Uh, Emma. Meet... meet my real dad" I say.

"I-" he says and looking at her.

"Nice to meet you sir. I'm Hayley's best friend." She comes over and grabs his hand and shakes it hard.

"Calm down" I say pulling her away.

"So very nice to meet you sir" she says.

"Me too Emma" he smiles.

She smiles at me. "Please don't flirt with him" I whisper.

"What? Oh I wasn't. Shut up!" she nudges me.

"So?" he opens his arms wide.

"Hay, I need your help with-"

"Uh" David puts his hands in his pockets and stares at the floor.

"What is he doing here? What are you doing here David?" my dad says with his hand still on the doorknob.

"Listen brother-"

"Nono don't call me brother. What are you doing here? Why were you talking to my daughter?" he closes the door and takes a step forward.

"She's not your daughter Nyle"

"Oh really? Are you her dad? Where were you all these years David"

"Dad go easy on him this may be hard for him"

He shakes his hands and start laughing.

"Nyle you wouldn't let me see her. I was lonely, I lost you and Holland and Hayley."

"What about me? Huh! What about me? Why is everything always about you David? Do you know how hard it was for me to raise a child that wasn't even mine? That the girl that I slowly started to love died. Do you know how hard it was to see your daughter call me dad, how hard it was for me to tell her that her mother died? Do you know how hard it was for her to grow up without a mother? Do you realize what you've done now that you told her all of this? She will hate me for this David."

"No I won't" I say with tears in my eyes.

"Yes you will baby. He will take you away and you will grow older and say why did my uncle never tell me the truth. You will think I'm a liar now. Hayley I just wanted you to be safe baby" his eyes, he was starting to cry.

"I know dad I don't think you're a liar. I'll always love you no matter what."

"Is this what you came here for? To take her away from me?" he steps closer to David.

"No Nyle, I just wanted to tell her the truth. I wanted to see how she's doing"

"Why didn't you just introduce yourself as a normal person and ask her how her day is going? Why didn't you at least tell me you were coming here today? Why didn't you ask me if she was doing okay? Why do you always ruin things for me?" he shouts.

"Nyle please. Calm down alright. I'm not taking her away. I just came here to tell her what she needed to know and maybe I will get to see her again. I miss her Nyle, I miss her mother, I miss you"

"Dad it's fine. Now I know what really happened okay."

"You will never love me the same way, you will never look at me the same way." He looks up trying to stop tears from falling down. He takes deep breaths.

"I know it's weird that he's your uncle, he does have a point that you grew up with him and everything. I don't want you to hate him because of me. He is my brother after all, I love him"

"I wasn't going to hate him, why are you both so fucking negative?" I shout.

"Are you happy now David?"

"Honestly, fuck both of you. I'm leaving and if anyone comes with me I will fucking ughh" I run out.

. . .

"Are you hungry love?"

"I just ate dad I'm fine. You don't have to act like it didn't happen, it did and just forget about it." I say and continue sipping on my hot chocolate.

He wraps a blanket around me and comes to sit beside me.

"I was scared to tell you"

"Fuck dad, just let it go okay" I look at him.

"Okay okay" he puts his hands up in surrender.

"What movie are we watching?" he puts his hand around my shoulder and smiles.

"I know I said fuck it but, why did you never take me to see her?"

He hesitates. He probably doesn't know either.

"Have you ever even been?" I gasp.

"Of course I fucking have Hayley. I go every week when you go by to Emma's house."

"Can we go?"

"NOW?"

"Yeah, why not. Are you scared Michael Jackson will pop up and start singing thriller."

"Alright alright, no need to mention him. You know that music video scares me." He gets up from the couch.

"Hey dad"

"Yes baby" he says while he looks for his keys.

"Hee hee" I laugh.

"Oh God" I groans and rolles his eyes

. . . 

the next chapter will be the last  :(

i hope you enjoyed it this far

i love you xx ♥ -M