one

scary movie

scary movie.
chapter one

SCREAMS ECHOED THROUGH THE HOUSE, a horror movie played on the television

SCREAMS ECHOED THROUGH THE HOUSE, a horror movie played on the television. Cherry Valentine sat comfortably on her bed, a heart-shaped cherry sucker swished in her mouth. Beside her, sat an open packet of chips she had devoured previously during the ongoing movie. The girl moved the sucker in her mouth with her finger tips, she fiddled with the white stick connected to the sweet-flavourful candy.

Her heart pounded at her chest as she watched the movie, the innocent girl from the start began running from the killer. Cherry Valentine loved horror movies, the thrill that engulfed her body as she watched the events unroll on her television screen. She seeked excitement through forms of media, her own life lacked substance in the forms of thrill. Horror offered her an element of surprise and instability. Her fingers continued to twist the stick of the sucker as her heart pounded, a knock sounded from her window and she tugged at the stick. The sucker now detached from its packaging.

Looking to the window, Cherry narrowed her eyelids to focus on a specific spot, a body came into her line of sight and she released a breath she'd been unaware of holding. Billy Loomis was a good friend of hers, there was an underlying atmosphere that surrounded the pair, that neither of them would ever acknowledge.

Cherry stood from her bed and wondered to the window, she smiled at the male through the glass as her fingers slipped around the enclosed lock, flipping it up and releasing the hold on the window. Her hands gripped the frame and slowly pulled it open. Cherry bit down on the softened candy that rested against her tongue and swallowed after she heard the initial crunch.

"Billy, you scared the life out of me!" Cherry exclaimed as the boy crawled into her room, she stepped away and he followed after her. "What are you doing here?"

The boy smirked as he looked over her room, "I was watching the exorcist, they kept cutting out all the best bits and it got me thinking about us." He explained, his gaze watched her as she sat back onto her bed.