project partner ; ksj

tick! tick! tick!

your eyes were glued to the clock on the wall, focusing on the thinnest needle moving each passing second. the sound of your professor lecturing about hormones and how the human brain produces different type of hormones, which part releases what, and what trigger certain hormones.

not that you werent interested in the matter, you are, hence why you picked psychology as your major. but it was the lack of sleep from the night before that caused your eyelids to fight the urge to shut completely, engulfing your body in a deep slumber. you wanted nothing but for the class to be over with so you can go home and make up for the sleep you didnt get. unfortunately for you, you still have about another half and hour of class. half an hour of your professor clicking his laptop to move the next slide of his powerpoint presentation.

"it's no secret that masturbation is the most known activity to releases dopamine," your professor began, the subject expectedly making the class burst into faint laughter, some would chuckle and other would simply rolled their eyes playfully in response. "alright, settle down, eight year olds." your professor joked, earning another wave of laughter from the class.

you chuckled despite your sleepy state. the atmosphere of this class is always very laid back and enjoyable, though very serious at the same time. the balance between being into the study and cracking jokes here and there to entertain each other. your professor is also very fun to work with. mr. kang, a 53 year old professor who used to serve the country back in his day. his backstory of wanting to pursue the career of being professor with a psychology degree was quite unique, when he was in the army, he witnessed some of the worst people, and he was trained and surrounded by people with a non comforting way of communications, to put it simply. he did the yelling and ordering, he wants to put it back in the past as he retired and pursue a degree in psychology instead. you couldnt imagine the sweet, gentle mr. kang yelling at people at the top of his lungs. no one could, to be completely honest. maybe thats a sign that he had succeed in putting his past in the past.

you leaned back to your seat, taking a deep breath as you force yourself to listen to the lecture. had you slept the night before, you would've been immersed with today's lesson the way you usually would. you made a mental note to yourself, no more finishing papers til 3AM.

it was probably about 90 minutes later, or in your sleepy vocabulary, too fucking long, that the lesson had finally come to an end. you were positive you only grasped about 25% of the lesson, you groaned quietly as you realized you have to go over today's lecture so you dont miss on anything. well, more papers then.

"class, dont forget your project is due next week! have a good rest of the day everyone," your professor ended his lesson, gathered all of his belongings as he bid students goodbye as they walked out the room.

shit, you thought. the project.

mr. kang had assigned a project for everyone to work with their selected partners and set a deadline for approximately 10 days. you were assigned with kim seokjin, the smartest and possibly quietest student in your class.

you werent scared to approach him, obviously, the kid seemed harmless. every lecture he just sits and take notes, never engaging in any form of socializing with the class, not even when the class is joking around — which, knowing how mr. kang is, happens quite often. you werent scared, but you dont know how to approach him without being weird. its rare for mr. kang to ask his students to team up, so now you're stuck with seokjin on your class' first ever partnered project.

sighing, you let go of your desire to go home and sleep and started scanning the room looking for the one particular guy, kim seokjin.

wasnt long til you spotted him walking towards the door, he was wearing a white button up underneath a knitted vest. he's always very well dressed, if you were ask to portray a stereotypical college student, you would point to him immediately.