18|New Faces

3rd POV:

All the brothers sat down in the office discussing tonight's event. Although they did not want to introduce Ana to the underground world yet, they knew they had no choice. People already knew about her and they had put a bounty on her. Luckily they had taken care of that, that was the reason Alexei and Adrian had gone to California.

Anastasia still had no clue that her brothers were part of the most notorious mafia. They all knew that they had to tell her, but they were afraid of her reaction. Devin's parents had been hired assassins for the Russian mob and he followed in their tracks. Octavia was kept out, but she had found out after her parent's death. Once she turned 18 she wanted to be a part and they had reluctantly allowed her.

It was different with Anastasia because she had been through so much at a young age. They feared that bringing her into it would do her more harm. They had found Gerald, and they had plans of making him pay.

They had all collectively agreed to find their mother, they wanted to find out why she did. They never fully knew why she left, they had just guessed.

Adrik had given all hope in talking to their father. He knew that it was only a matter of time that he found out about Anastasia. Once they introduced her, word would reach their father and it would force his arrival.

Their meeting was about how to keep Anastasia safe tonight. Alexei had appointed himself to be with her throughout the night.

They only hope that tonight went as smooth as it could be. That meant no random attacks.

Anastasia's POV:

I sat on the chair letting Octavia do my hair and makeup. She had done a sleek low bun and left two strands out to frame my face. She was doing my makeup, which I wasn't too sure about because I had never used it. Not because I didn't like it but because I couldn't afford to do so.

Once she was done I looked at myself in the mirror and let's just say Octavia did a good job. She told me to put on some red lipstick. I went to get the dress which was a silk emerald green off-the-shoulder dress. I paired them with black stiletto heels. Octavia came out with a tight blue dress that matched her hair which was put up into a high ponytail.

"Ana when we get there keep your head held high, and make sure that you are always with one of your brothers," Octavia advised me

"Ok, anything else."

We walked hand in hand downstairs where all the boys stood in their fancy suits. They looked very intimidating.

"Girls you look beautiful." Adrik complimented. We had a car service waiting for us downstairs. We all got two limo's because we wouldn't all fit. Driving through the streets of New York  I  gazed out the window.

We had made it, the limo had stopped in front of a large building. The driver opened the door and one by one we got out. I was the last and as I got out Alexei extended his hand to help me out. He linked his arm to mine, I remember what Octavia had told me prior so I did as she told me. Men were staring which made me uncomfortable. Alexei sensed it and glared at those men and they visibly shrunk.

3rd POV:

He sat there drinking while his parents chatted about this year's ball. Immediately everyone quieted down when they saw how was coming through the doors. He turned his attention towards what everyone was staring at. Of course, it was the Russians.

Anastasia felt overwhelmed by the number of people that unconsciously she had been gripping Alexei's arm. She knew no one could see her right now because she was behind her brothers, but once they moved she'd be visible.