Hook, Line and Screamer

"Previously on Total Drama Island...

Campers had to build their own hot wheels in a motocross challenge to race for invincibility. There were big winners and big time losers! And there was even some wicked, off-the-track motocross stunts! But in the end, it was Heather who crossed the finish line and double-crossed Lindsay by destroying her bike and their alliance, proving that Heather really is a backstabbing user who'll do anything to win. Lindsay ultimately lost the race and the challenge, which meant goodbye Lindsay and her luxury luggage. Who will be the next winner? Who will be the next loser? Who will renew my contract for next season? All these mind-robbing questions revealed in this episode of Total. Drama. Island!"

Huddled on log stumps, the flickering movie played.

"He's coming out of the woods with a big hacky chainsaw! That's so cool!" Izzy exclaimed.

"Oh no! Psycho killer man's going for the car!" Owen cried.

"Yo! Fool couple! Stop makin' out and start the car!" Leshawna shouted.

"They're gonna be chainsaw sushi!" Izzy laughed, in a somewhat manianical way. I pulled my knees to my chest, resting my head on them. Horror movies didn't scare me. At the end of the day, it was always just a weird guy in a mask, and not a real story. The screaming girl echoed around us.

"Great Canadian cheese! Now the car won't start!" Owen gasped, and DJ shifted his gaze. I could tell he was uncomfortable, so I squeezed his shoulder.

"It's okay, DJ. It's fake!" As I said the words, a splatter of blood came on the screen. DJ jumped, and I heard laughing from behind me.

"Gross! But awesome!" Duncan cheered, and I rolled my eyes.

"Aw, gross! Aw, the chainsaw psycho's going back to the woods! He's getting away! Yeah! Good ending! Izzy loves scary movies!"

"So does Owen." Owen smiled, and I rose a brow. Since when did he speak in third person?

"Whoo. Am I ever glad that's over. I really hate scary movies." DJ admitted, and I squeezed his shoulder again.

"Oh yeah? What scares you most? The, uh, part where everyone meets a grizzly death? Or the psycho killer with the hook?!" Duncan pulled out a hook from behind his back, which made DJ force his way forward and fall to the ground. Laughter began, and I could see DJ going red with embarrassment.

"You really can't help yourself, can you?" I asked, as he came up behind me, placing the hook on my shoulder. I shrugged him off, shaking my head.

"Aw, c'mon, DJ. For a slasher flick, it was pretty tame." Gwen stated, standing to stretch her limbs.

"Yeah, there was hardly any hacking. Not like Bloodbath 2: Summer Camp Reign of Terror!" Duncan insisted, and I saw Gwen's eyes light up.

"No way! That's my favourite movie! I love when the killer jams that guys hand into the lawnmower!"

"Ha! Or when he pushes the chick off the dock and then she lands on a propeller blade that slices her in half?" Duncan smirked.

"Or when he shoves that big dude's head inside the wood chipper!" They said in unison, laughing. I glanced over to DJ, who had the most terrified look on his face.

"Aww. Looks like Gwen and Duncan have more in common than bad fashion sense. It's just mindless guts and gore." Heather rolled her eyes.

"Horror movies aren't mindless." Gwen stated.