one

Ten year old Heather Potter was rudely awaken by her spoiled brat of a cousin, Dudley Dursley. Heather raised up in her bed and glared. Today was not going to end well for the boy and Heather knows this. "Up!"

The green blueish eyed girl walked out of her room from under the stairs. She walked into the kitchen and started to cook. She kept her mouth shut as she served breakfast. "Hurry up."

"Yes, sir." She replies. Looking at her cousin, she knew this is where the spoiled child comes out.

"How many?" He asked.

"36."

"And here we go." She mumbled. Heather started to work when it was decided to take Dudley to the zoo.

Outside, Heather went to get in when her uncle shut the door. "I'm warning you now, girl. Any funny business, any at all. You won't have any meals for a week." Heather glared. "Get in."

"I wished I could have stayed home." She mumbled as she got in.
~~~
When they arrived, Heather stood with the Dursley's looking at the snake. "Make it move." Dudley said making Heather look at him.

"Move." Vernon said pecking in the window.

"Move!"

"He's asleep." Heather tells them.

"He's boring."

Heather shook her head as she looked back at snake. "Sorry about him." She says. "He doesn't understand what it's like laying there day after day. Watching people cast ugly faces." Heather gasped as the snake nodded. "You understand me?" It nodded.

Heather looked at the snake. "I have never talked to a snake before." She admits. "Do you...I mean talk to other people?" The snake shook its head. "You're from Burma aren't you?" She asked. "Is it nice there?"

The snake pointed at the sign making her see that her new friend was bred in the zoo. "I never knew my parents either." She says sadly.

"Mommy! Daddy! Come here!" Dudley said as he shoved Heather out of the way. "You want believe what the snake is doing."

Heather looked back up and glared, but gasped as Dudley fell in. She smiled till the snake came out. "Thanks." He said.

"Anytime." She replies.

Heather watched it leave and everyone screaming. She started to laugh when Dudley couldn't get out. Hearing her aunt scream made her laugh till she saw the look on Vernon's face. Heather stopped laughing knowing what was about to happen.
~~~
When they arrived back, Vernon had Heather as Dudley and Petunia had Dursley. "What happened?" He asked her as he grabbed her hair.

"I swear, I don't know.' She tells him. "One minute the glass was there and the next it was gone." She says. "Like magic."

Vernon opened her door. Heather walked in just for the door to shut causing her to sigh. "There's no such thing as magic." She heard him say.  

Heather laid her head on her pillow and fell asleep knowing what happened was magic. What is he trying to hide?"
~~~
The next morning, Heather grabbed the mail and started looking through it to make sure they didn't get no one's mail. That was till she saw a letter to her. She smiled as she gave the mail to her uncle. She went to open it when Dudley took it out of her hand. "Heather got a letter."

"Hey! That's mine!"

"Like someone would write to you." Vernon said as he looked at the letter.

Heather saw their faces and knew something was wrong.
~~~
Each day, letters kept coming. Heather would watch him try to prevent her from seeing those letters. She knew what ever the letters were, the Dursley's were terrified.
~~~
Heather stood in the living room as she gave Vernon a cookie as he spoke about Sunday being a fine day and why it was. "Because there's no mail."

"Right you are, Heather."

Heather looked outside and saw an owl. She walked over and looked outside to see owls. She felt the house start shaking causing her to look and see the letters making her smile. She started grabbing at the letters. "Give me that letter." She heard.

"No." She tells him as he grabbed her. "Let go. It's my letter!"

"That's it! We're moving."
~~~
Heather laid listening to the storm as she drew herself a fake cake. They moved around till Vernon believed living beside the oceans would end the letters. She looked at the time and smiled sadly as she saw it was now her birthday. "Make a wish, Heather." She tells herself.

The sound of a loud knock captured her attention. She jerked and hid as the door dropped. Heather heard him. "Sorry about that."

Heather snuck a peek at the giant. "Heather, I haven't seen you since you were a baby." She heard him say as he looked at her.

"How did you know my name was Heather?"

"I'll tell you later." He said. "Here you go. I baked it myself. Words and all."

Heather smiled as she opened it. "Thank you." She said.

"Not everyday a girl turns eleven." He said as he sat down and lit the fire place with magic.

Heather walked a little closer to him. "Excuse me?" She said. "If you don't mind me asking, but who are you?"

"Rubeus Hagrid, the keeper of keys and the grounds of Hogwarts." He tells her. "Of course, you know all about Hogwarts."

"No, sir." Heather replies.

"No?" Hagrid says. "Did you not know where your mom and dad learned how long?"

"No." She replies.

"You're a witch, Heather."

"I'm a witch?" Heather repeated. "I'm surely you are mistaken. I-I can't be witch. I'm just Heather."

"Well 'just Heather,' have you ever make anything happen because enough couldn't explain or you were angry."

Heather remembered releasing the snake and nodded. Hagrid handed her a letter causing Heather to open it.

Dear Ms. Potter
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.
Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall

"You will not be going." Vernon said. "We sworn to take her in and put a stop to all this rubbish."

Heather glared at him. "You knew." She said looking at Petunia hurt. "You knew along and you never told me."

"Of course, we know." Petunia said. "My perfect sister being who she was. My mother and father were so proud to have a witch in the family. I was the only one to see what a freak she was. Than she married that Potter and had you. I knew you would be the same."

Heather glared at her aunt as she continued listen to Petunia till she heard her say that Heather's parents were blown up. "Blown up? You told me that they died in a car crash."

"A car crash? A car crash killed Lily and James Potter?"

Heather didn't know what to say. She was watched them talk till Dursley had a spell casted making him have a pigs tail. Heather smiled at that. She watched Hagrid walk out and looked back at him before following him.  Heather Potter wanted to know more about Hogwarts and her parents.