Chapter 25

Everything around me moves quickly. People race around the castle looking for some way to prepare for what is coming. I lost Dean in the Great Hall when everyone scattered after Snape left. I feel my heart beating fast, my hand sweating, and my legs weak.

It seems as though my vision is moving in slow motion. This is it. The war that we have been preparing for.

I snap my mind back in reality trying to focus on my surroundings. Focus Olivia. I need to find Dean.

My feet start to move and I race around the castle looking to a sign of anyone I know. Other students race around looking for either places to hide or fight.

"Lancing!" I jerk my head behind me to find Fred running towards me. I can see the beads of sweat falling from his forehead.

"Fred! Have you seen Dean anywhere?" I quickly ask. Hopefully he knows where my other friends are so I can be directed.

He shakes his head, "I haven't seen him. Have you seen George anywhere?"

"No.." I say in defeat. Where is everyone? Why can't I find any other Gryffindors?

Suddenly a loud grenade like sound echoes through the castle. Everyone who was once running stops in their place to look up and outside. It sounds as if something is crumbling around us.

Freds eyes meet mine. I feel my heart skipping beats as I realise it is all happening. Fred rests his hand on my shoulder staring at me, "Olivia, find Dean. He will protect you."

"Fred.." I whimper out, "Please be safe." I almost beg. Tears swell in my eyes as I look at him. He lets out a soft sign and quickly pulls me into his arms. His head rests on the top of mine. I feel his heart beating just as fast as mine through his chest.

When we pull away our eyes meet one last time before Fred motions for me to find Dean. I nod at him and race off. As I continue running throughout the castle I take a brief moment to look at everyone as they race past me.

These are my friends. I may never see some of these people again. Everything is about to change. My heart hurts as I think about Hermione, Seamus, Ron,...Dean. I don't know what I would do if something happened to one of them.

I shake the thought and continue to run. More sounds of crumbling come from above and around the castle. I quickly look through one of the windows in the corridor to see spells hitting the protection shield.

I get to the Gryffindor common room and bust through the doors. I feel air fill my lungs as I see Hermione, Dean, and Ginny standing talking in a hurry.

"Olivia!" Dean yells running over to me with a hug. I embrace him and feel relief fill my body.

"What do we do now?" I ask Hermione hoping she may have some answers for me. Hermione's eyes are wide and I can tell she is thinking a hundred miles per minute.

"We need someone to watch the Slytherin dungeons. We can't have any of them getting released." Hermione looks at me.

"I thought I was handling that." I look to the other side of the common room to see Pansy sitting at one of the study tables twisting her hair with her finger. Shock runs across my face as I look back at my three friends.

"She told us she wanted to help." Ginny says shrugging. I am at loss for words at Pansy actually wanting to be on our side.

"You must be mad to trust her?" I say to my friends thinking about how bad this idea is.

"You know I am sitting right here, right?" Pansy snarks.

"We don't..fully trust her. You go with her and make sure she doesn't do something stupid." Dean requests. I shake my head "no" at their idea.