Chapter 54: Bucky

Third Person

The group had noticed Bucky's impatience as he tried to get Loki to talk, but the god of mischief wouldn't break in.

Okoye could only think of the worst things possible that could have happened to Hope.

Ayo didn't know what to think. She knew some bad news was coming, but she didn't want to believe Hope's hurt or worse...

"Okay! We're far enough!" Bucky stopped just as they made it to the large field leading to Bucky's hut down the hill.

Bucky grabbed Loki's shoulder, pulling him to stop along with him. "Now talk."

Okoye nodded and stopped walking. as well as Ayo.

Okoye looked over to Loki, taking in his body language and expressions. She didn't know if she could trust him, but she knew he was the only person who knew what truly happened to Hope.

Ayo was sceptical of Loki. With him being the literal God of Mischief and Lies. But she too, knew Bucky should hear the news from him.

"You can talk privately, but you can't leave our sights, are we clear?" Okoye spoke with much authority.

"Crystal." He smirked with a small nod before walking forward again.

"Hey! I said start talking, Jack Frost!" Bucky yelled at the retreating god and followed him.

Okoye gulped, not liking the frown that immediately covered the gods smirk from a moment ago.

"It's not good, isn't it..." Ayo watched the two men walked ahead, only to stop at a large rock which laid in the ground and was up to Loki's knees.

Okoye glanced over to her fellow warrior. She noticed the grim look that displayed clearly on her features.

"I'm afraid it might not be." Okoye sighed before turning back to the two.

Bucky glanced back at the woman and shook his head.  "They are definitely trustworthy. They're friends with me and Hope."

Loki nodded and sat on the rock. He looked up at Bucky. "I suggest you sit down."

Bucky hesitated, not wanting to think of what he was about to tell him. He didn't want to hear it, but at the same time he thought it may just be wrong.

Bucky could feel the fear in him grow at Loki's behaviour.

"I know Hope wouldn't let you come here without her because she would love to show you around. She always planned on it. Just tell me where she is? Is she okay?" Bucky asked almost desperately.

Bucky's new arm glistening in the sun as he sat down next to his god friend.

Bucky's clear expression of worry and fear made Loki slightly uneasy, but only because he knew how much Hope meant to him.

He knows that Bucky loves Hope just as much as he did, just in a different way.

Loki cleared his throat before speaking.

"Thor, Bruce, Hope, and I were on our way here, along with the people of Asgard. Since we had no place left to go, and Hope suggested here and said it would be fine." Loki began, not knowing exactly how the man will react in the end.

Bucky's anxiety was skyrocketing. His heart was beating so fast, scared of Loki's changed behaviour.

He thought that Loki was dragging this on for too long, now.