Chapter 55: Nidavellir

Hope's POV

"I think it looks cool..." I gestured to the dark and mysterious looking place we have landed on.

It was made out of metal, with large tools, weapons, and molds laying around. Quite messing though.

There wasn't a soul in sight though... Thor said there would be dwarves.

"Who you kidding? This place is a dark, deserted and haunted work shop. Look, there's blood on the floor." Rocket pointed to a puddle of the thick red liquid.

Groot and I grimaced, not liking atmosphere around us.

I glanced at Thor, noticing the sadden and guilty look.

"You said Thanos had a gauntlet, right?" Rocket spoke up with distaste.

"Yes, why?" Thor questioned the talking raccoon.

"It look anything like that?" Thor and I moved our attention to where Rocket was pointing.

I felt my breath hitch at the sight of the gauntlet model. I gulped as I placed my hand on my throat, recalling the feeling I wish to forget.

"Get back to the pod." Thor tried to usher us.

All of a sudden, Thor was hit and sent flying towards a desk.

I quickly used my magic to shield Rocket, Groot and myself from a large leg that would have sent us flying as well.

I looked up to see a tall dwarf staring down at us, anger filled eyes ready to attack.

He grunted as he tried to punch against the shield, but wasn't able to get passed it.

"Eitri! Wait!" Thor came running to our side, just as the dwarf tried to hit it again.

The dwarf froze as his attention moved from us to the god of thunder. His eyes squinted towards him.

"Thor?" A deep gravel like voice came from the being.

I wasn't expecting dwarfs to be so tall...

"Yes, it's me." Thor let out a deep breath with his hands still up in defence. "What happened here?"

"You were supposed to protect us..." I didn't let the shield down, as Eitri's arm was still up to punch. "Asgard was supposed to protect us!"

I felt myself frown as I heard the dwarfs voice crack.

"Asgard had been destroyed." Thor told.

I could see the shock fill Eitri's facial features, surprised to hear that the Ruler of Nine Realms home was destroyed.

"Eitri... the glove. What did you do?" Thor pointed towards the model of Thanos's gauntlet.

I put the shield down, not feeling threatened by the dwarf anymore.

I took a minute to fully take a look at Eitri. He was over 10 feet tall, bigger than Hulk and Thanos. His hair and clothing were covered in dirt and shrivelled, just as any blacksmith would look like. And his hands... are they burnt?

I furrowed my eyebrows as we watched the dwarf turn away from us and walk away.

I looked over to Rocket, sharing a raised eyebrow before turning out attention back to Eitri.

Eitri let himself fall against some other mold and plopped onto the ground.

The loud clang echoing thought the quiet workshop.

"300 dwarves lived on this rim. I thought if I did what he asked, they'd be safe..." Eitri started, sadness and guilt taking over his expressions.

I clenched my jaw at the number of people.