twenty

"Speak of the fucking devil."

"Jiyeon is that you?" The male called out and the remaining boys looked at him, confused as to how he knew Jiyeon.

"Who is this?" Mark asked as he approached Jiyeon, noticing how hard her fists clenched.

"I'm her-"

"A fucking douchebag." Jiyeon cut him off, turning to face him with a glare.

"Wow.. It's so good to see your face again." He said, a soft expression upon finally seeing her face but her expression was not like that of the past.

"Wish I could say the same, Changmin." She replied, fake smile and narrowed eyes appearing.

"How've you been?" He asked and Jiyeon scoffed while the group just stared at the two of them, confusion evident in their expressions.

"Wouldn't like you to know, dickwad." She said, wanting to rip the hairs out of his head.

"C'mon Jiyeon. You know I care about you."

"Really? Cause it didn't seem like that when you practically yelled at me to leave your house, throwing all my shit out of your window like it was nothing. Get the fuck away from me." She spat out.

"I didn't mean to-"

"Bull-fucking-shit. How the fuck do you not mean to sleep with the girl you told me to never worry about?"

At those words, Changmin became silent. She knew he fucked up badly with her.

"You ruined everything for me. I trusted you with shit I didn't like telling anyone. 3 fucking years together meant absolute shit to you. I could never be in a relationship again cause of the pain you caused me. I lost everyone because you twisted shit up, saying I cheated on you when I did nothing. I was so fucking blind to see how different you were acting. I was alone and what were you doing? Living a happy life knowing you ruined mine. Go fuck off and leave me alone." Jiyeon said and Mark took a hold of her arms, preventing her from physically harming the man.

The other boys wanted to beat the shit out of Changmin themselves but contained themselves, not wanting any trouble with authorities.

"Can we please talk?" Changmin said and that was when Mark stepped in.

"Listen, man. Just go back to your own life. Jiyeon made it obvious that she doesn't want anything to do with you so respect her wishes and leave her alone." He said and Changmin rolled his eyes.

"Who are you to her? Boyfriend?" Changmin asked and Mark shook his head.

"Then let me talk to her." He said, slight attitude in his voice making Mark furrow his brows.

"Hell no."

Suddenly, a car pulled up into the lot and out came three boys with bags in their hands, filled to the brim with snacks.

A smug smile appeared on Mark's face when he saw Jaemin walking over to their group, happily talking with Jeno and Jisung. Once they were a mere few feet away, Mark spoke up again.

"I may not be the boyfriend, but he is." Mark tilted his head in the direction where Jaemin was and once he arrived, confusion stayed on his face.

"What's going on?" Jaemin asked, noticing how Mark held back Jiyeon and how an unfamiliar male stood in front of her.

"Jaemin!" Jiyeon exclaimed and forced her arms out of Mark's grip to go and hug said male.

"Hey?" He replied in a question-like tone, still confused to the entire ordeal.

"Who's this?" He asked as his arm encircled her waist, holding her near her.

"I'm her-"

"Douchebag ex-boyfriend that cheated on her and being part of the reason why she didn't wanna open up to you." Kyungmi interrupted, making Jaemin at look at her then back at him with raised brows. He was of course shocked at the suddenness of it all.

Jaemin is a rather sweet person. He is always smiling and finding the best in everyone. He doesn't condone violence in any way possible. All he wants is for the people surrounding him to be safe.

So it became a surprise when he now sat in the car with a bloodied and bruised hand.

"Why would you do that?" Jiyeon asked as she observed his hand, looking for any deep cuts or wounds.

Jaemin kept a smile on his face the entire time, knowing damn well he would've harmed the man even more. He hurt his soulmate and he just wanted to make him feel hurt too.

"An act of impulse really." Jaemin replied and Jiyeon just sighed, letting his hand go when she saw no signs of injury.

She looked up at him, slight worry remaining on her eyes. He thankfully didn't get hurt, not even allowing the guy to get a single punch on him yet wrecking the absolute shit out of him.

"You sure you're not hurt?" She asked him and he nodded his head.

"He hurt you so I hurt him. It's called karma. He had it coming." He said and Jiyeon simply sighed.

"Jiyeon, I wish you would've told me that something like that was another reason why you didn't want to open up." He said as he held Jiyeon's hand intently.

"I didn't want to bring it up out of nowhere." Jiyeon muttered out and Jaemin sighed, holding her chin to make her look at him.

"I would've rather you told me earlier so I could make sure to never make you feel like I would ever do something like that. I want to make you feel special because you deserve the world." He said and Jiyeon held a sad smile on her face.

"So you'd never hurt me?" It was a dumb question that emitted from her mouth but she couldn't help go ask it. She constantly needed reassurance that Jaemin wasn't like the rest and he was thankfully so understanding of that.

With a swift movement, he pulled her onto his lap, making her face him.

"Never in a million years would I do anything to harm you. You're the one for me, Jiyeon. The one I'm meant to be with and I'd do anything to prove to you that I'll never hurt you." Jaemin said softly, making her feel safe.

"Thank you for constantly looking out for me. I'm so glad to have you as my soulmate." Jiyeon said and Jaemin smiled.

"I'd do anything for you. I'm also glad that you're my soulmate." Jaemin said and Jiyeon gave him a small smile.

His fingers traveled up to her chin and pulled her head in, placing a soft kiss on her lips.

Within the next few minutes afterwards, everyone had began packing up their stuff and made a safe trip back home where Jaemin and Jiyeon slept in each other's arms once again while Buddy watched from the floor, pure content in his body as he saw his owners being so affectionate.