74

For a moment everything went silent. Everyone who heard Rienne's words, held their breath and awaited for what would happen next.

"Rienne!" Rulias gently let go of Evelina and stood back up to face Rienne. Rulias was taller than Rienne so she had to look up to face his eyes.

"What? Am I wrong?" Rienne did not regret her words for even a second. She had been holding back for too long!

"You-! Stop being jealous of her, Rienne! Just because she's more beautiful than you, doesn't mean you have the right to-"

"What!? Did I hear that right!?" Rienne's eyes widened and her jaw clenched. "Was it just because of her face!? Because she's pretty so you just abandon our years of friendship!?"

"I-......." Rulias didn't know why, but he was unable to speak. He was unaware that Rienne completely hit the nail on the head.

"Ugh....I can't understand why you even like her! She's just an attention seeking wh*re!" Rienne knew she'd probably get in trouble after this. But right now she didn't care. She wanted to let out all of what she had been holding back.

"Lady Rienne...why would you say that? I-im so sorry..if I somehow annoyed or offended you..." Evelina weakly got up and a dry smile graced her face.

"You ..." Rienne felt like her head was about to explode from anger.

"I didn't know you thought of me that way... I really just wanted to introduce myself to sir Adrien since I have never seen him before... i- I'll stay out of your sight if you hate me so much!" Evelina teared up and covered her eyes that were now full of tears.

Her pitiful appearance made the people watching feel like their hearts was torn apart.

"I knew lady Rienne was a brat but I never knew she was such a horrible person..." someone among the crowd of people whispered.

"How could she do that to lady Evelina!? What did lady Evelina even do to her!? She was just introducing herself...!"

"Lady Rienne truly is unreasonable. But look at lady Angelina! She's lady Evelina's own sister, yet she's doing nothing!" One of Angelina's haters whispered a little loudly.

"Hmph! Has she grown cocky after having a few weeks in the limelight!?"

"Hey! Don't speak of my lady Angelina like that! Perhaps she just doesn't want to get involved!"

"Well that just sounds extremely selfish! How could she not defend her own blood related sister!?"

"Lady Angelina is not that type of person! I have met her before and she's such a polite and respectful young lady!"

"Pfft...you just say that because of her pretty face!"

Under the hands that were covering her face, Evelina sneered as she heard the crowd's whispers.

"You! What are you talking about!?" Rienne became fluttered and slightly panicked. "Are you trying to twist my words right now!? Well let me tell you Evelina Skyler! No matter how much you wish to twist my words, I will stand by it. You are a sl*t!"

"Rienne that's enough!" Rulias raised his left hand and slapped Rienne with a loud "pap!"

At that moment, everyone immediately quieted down.

"Lady Rienne..!" Alice exclaimed.

"....!" Angelina widened her eyes and her heart slightly dropped. She didn't expect Rulias to actually slap Rienne...!

Arianna stayed silent, but it was clear from her expression that she too was shocked and didn't expect it.

"......" Rienne's head was turned to the side after the hard slap. She stared dumbfoundedly at the ground as she felt the little taste of blood inside her mouth.