Chapter 34

I realized that even if I'm hurt many times I chose to be with him. It's the feeling of inner peace when I have him, like no one else can made me feel like this. He made me happy in a way no one else can. He is the only one man to made me feel butterflies in stomach. 

"You are the success, Ashley" niyakap niya ako mula sa likuran. I even heard him saying something but I didn't understand. Binaon niya ang kaniyang mukha sa aking leeg. I felt his warmth breath in my neck. 

All I can say is that I reached the finish line right now. Narating ko na ang dulo ng tagumpay kahit hindi pa kami natatali sa isa't isa because the time when we came back to each other's arm is I'm home.

It's the feeling of winning the race. Tagumpay na kakaiba ang saya. Reaching the success of having him in the end at sana hindi na muli 'yon mangyari pa. "I'm sorry, hinding hindi na ako papayag na umalis kang muli" he sobbed. All I thought is we are reaching our success with different paths but at the end we meet at the finish line, together.

"I won't" 

"And if you ever throw me out of here I will not leave, ipagtabuyan mo ako kahit anong gusto mo. Basta hindi ako aalis." he said huskily still his face is submerged in my neck. 

"I said, I won't" 

"You promise?" inalis niya ang kaniyang mukha sa aking leeg at inangat ang kaniyang tingin sa akin maharan na tinitigan ako. 

"I promise." mabilis kong sagot. I'm not good at promises at all but this time I will make it real and will not make it fake.

"You won't lie to me, promise?" tila hindi kumbinsido niyang tanong. 

"I promise, Callix" lumapit ako sa kaniya dahil hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala pagkatapos lahat ng nangyari sa amin. I hugged him tight like I don't want him to be far away again. He's like a car for me aalis at aalis pero babalik sa kaniyang tahanan. And I'm his home.

"I'm not contented, Ashley. You seem not good to your promises" 

"Let's marry right now in front of the church if you don't believe me, Callix" tiningnan ko siya sa mata tila hindi kumukurap. 

Hindi siya umimik and I saw his dark gaze on me. He went closer to me once more and I felt his warmth lips on mine. The familiar feeling after all these years came back... this lips of him still feels the same. The soft touch and texture.

I just feel his warm lips on mine. Slowly moving, I didn't respond I just let him do that after a few more seconds running out of breath he unravel. "You're the best thing I have ever waited for" he kissed the top of my head. 

I don't know how I should feel right now. My heart is overflowing with joy and happiness. "If I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes for you to realize how special for me having you. Like what I've said back then still feels the same, Ashley" that words touched my heart like the big waves reaching the seashore. 

I want to cry and cry dahil sa mga lumalabas sa kaniyang bibig but tears of happiness would do. 

"I did many stupid things to you. If I could just take it back, I would have done it" I felt pain in his voice. 

"I should be the one saying that" pangunguna ko. 

Yet he didn't speak again he just hugged me many times. Kumalas siya ng yakap sa akin pagkatapos ng ilang minuto. "I can't lose you once more if that happened I just feel losing myself again" his voiced cracked. 

All I can see is pain in his eyes, yes, we have different levels of pain. Different levels of heartaches but in the end we need to be strong because we have no choice. We should not give up easily because this is life full of cruelty to test our fate.