𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭

"Mom!" I let out excited as I rush over to her.
She barely walked through the door but I missed her so much that I can't help myself from enveloping her in a soft hug.

"My baby." She whispers while stroking my hair. I close my eyes my chest burning at her week voice.
"I missed you so much mom." I tell her happy that I can feel her body heat again.

"Can the oldest child get some attention as well?" Dawson complains behind me and I chuckle softly as I let go of my mom.

Dawson walks over towering over her as he envelops her in a hug.
Dad brings in their suitcases and I walk over to him kissing his cheek before grabbing one.
"How wonderful that one of my child is happy to see me." He jokes a smile on his lips as the small familiar wrinkles form around his eyes.

I nudge his shoulder because he knows we've missed him as well.

"How is she?" I ask him quietly while we put the suitcases in their bedroom.
Tarver and Dawson are chatting up mom while Jenna is god knows where.

"She's alright." He tells me and I give him an obvious look.
"I'm not Jenna dad you can tell me." I say and he puts his arm around my shoulders while we walk back into the living room.

"I know you're not Jenna. You're having enough on your plate. When I tell you she is fine than she's fine." He says and my brain starts to ratter loudly at his words.

Fine is fine but it doesn't mean good.

My mom was diagnosed with lung cancer three months ago. After various chemo's and operations she beat it but it still took a toll on her.

She left for Reha for a few weeks that's why my parents let us on the vacation and even though it was wonderful I much rather wanted to stay with my mom.

When we reach the living room I see her sitting down while Tarver and Dawson start to set the table.

My moms skin is pale her body looks fragile and the skin under her eyes are adorned with purple bags.

Nonetheless she's the most beautiful woman I know.
I got my freckles from her but while mine are going crazy hers are dotted slightly over her nose focusing their trail on her cheeks.
Her eyes are from a vibrant blue but the once dark hair is now gone.

Instead she bound a light cloth around her head making her look like an Angel.

"Do you need help?" I ask Dawson but he shakes his head no while he gestures with his head over to mom.

I nod understanding that I should sit beside her and soak up the time I have with her.

Dads arm drops from around my shoulder when I walk over to her to sit down beside her.

I smile when she takes my hand in hers her eyes sparkling at me mischievously.

"How are your songs going?" She asks me and I have to let out a small chuckle.

Dad hates what I do but mom was always supportive. She loved my songs and was at every gig she could make it too.

"Not so good. Lack of inspiration." I tell her making her furrow her brows.
She notices that something is bothering me and starts to speak up but Jenna interrupts us when she steps out of her room with Timothée.

"Jenna sweetheart." My mom speaks up and starts to stand up but I stop her putting my hand softly on her shoulder.

"You should rest." I tell her and she rolls her eyes at me childishly.
Jenna walks over and hugs mom while her eyes lay themselves on me.

I gulp when I see the smudged lipstick on her lips my eyes wandering automatically towards Timothée.

His lips are swollen, his hair a bit disheveled and I know what happened in her room.