Chapter 1

Draco's POV

"Excuse me? I don't believe I heard you correctly, Mother," I snarled.

Mother didn't seem fazed by my attitude. "I said you're a Veela, Draco. Or part Veela, that is.

A strange laugh escaped my throat. "No."

"Yes"

"I don't believe you."

"Well, when the clock strikes midnight, it is your 18th birthday, you'll go through the transformation, and you'll believe me then." She stared at me pointedly.

"You aren't kidding," I said faintly.

"I wish I was."

"Was it you or father who did this to me?" I hissed.

"Your father has the blood" my mother said stiffly.

"Great, just another wonderful present he's given me," I cried, glancing down at my left arm where the dark mark stood hauntingly against my pale skin.

"Draco! Is this the way you talk about your father when you know that he isn't guilty!" mother hissed.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Back to topic, what does the transformation entail?" I asked hating the strain of fear that laced my words.

"You'll be in bed until it's over. It's going to be incredibly painful, and your body will project a magical bubble around you, the same with your mate.

"My mate?" I asked in shock.

"You know this, Draco. Veela's have mates. Yours will be going through a similar transformation, so she's ready to be with you."

"I don't get a say?"

"No."

For a brief moment, I hated my mother, the way she was sitting there so calm and collected when my entire world was crashing down. "What if I don't like her?"

"Your Veela side will care about nothing more in this world than her safety and health."

"And my human side?"

"Well, that's up to you, Draco."

"Did you and Dad...." I trailed off.

Mother answered, "I was his mate. His Veela side was always protecting me as best it could from the man your father was."

I nodded as I tried to process all the information. "And I suppose I must do what any Veela needs to do to their mate? Mark them and mate with them within this year or else I'll die?"

My mother nodded her head in agreement and I sighed. I am not liking any of this.

Glancing at the clock, I found it was almost midnight- almost my birthday. "I'd better get upstairs and lay down."

"I'll be checking on you the whole time, Draco, my little dragon."

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

And before I forget it, all the pictures used in this story till this date belongs to their respective owners and I don't have any claim on them.

Thanks for reading everyone!

-Dramoine_is_good